Children learn both the good and bad habits at an early age. Demonstrating healthy eating habits early in a child’s life will equip them with some healthy life skills he/she can carry with them. Teaching Healthy Eating Habits for your child is very important.
Healthy eating habits are more than having a healthy diet or selecting a healthy food. Not only what a child eats, but also how much quantity of food he/she eats, can affect their eating habits which are formed in childhood. Healthy diets also include portion control.
Following are some important tips parents can use while monitoring how much their child is eating.
- If your child is full, let them stop eating. Don’t force them to clean their plate.
- Make sure your child takes time to eat their meals.
- Young children should eat servings that are about 2/3 the size of an adult’s.
Food Guide for Young Children, children aged 2-6 should have diets which include the following:
- 2 servings of fruits
- 6 servings of grains
- 3 servings of vegetables
- 2 servings of meats
- 2 servings of milk
- Limited amounts of sweets and fats
Finally, make daily food or eating preparation fun, learning experiences. Have your child help you for buying groceries. In the produce section of the grocery store, have your child look for fruit and vegetables, a rainbow or finding something in each of the colors of the rainbow. Try a new fruits, vegetables, or some new dishes each month. When appropriate, allow your child to assist you in making meals. Talk about those ingredients you’re putting in the recipe.
If you start teaching healthy eating habits to your child now, they may be likely to practice them on their own as well.
For more information, you may leave your comment in a comment box below:
Teaching Healthy Eating Habits
- Best Coaching institutes for kids in Mohali - July 21, 2017
- Judo Classes for kids in Mohali - July 13, 2017
- Best Cake shops in Chandigarh - June 27, 2017
- Best food for summers - June 21, 2017
- Best Dance Classes for kids in Mohali - June 19, 2017
- Best Play Schools in Mohali - June 14, 2017
- Bad Parenting Signs that you Should know - June 6, 2017
- If your child gets angry quickly, it is because you give too much attention to misbehavior - May 31, 2017
- If your child is a coward, it is because you help them too quickly. - May 24, 2017
- Let them choose what your kid want - May 19, 2017