Children learn both the good and bad habits at an early age. Demonstrating healthy eating habits early in a child’s life will equip them with some healthy life skills he/she can carry with them. Teaching Healthy Eating Habits for your child is very important.
Healthy eating habits are more than having a healthy diet or selecting a healthy food. Not only what a child eats, but also how much quantity of food he/she eats, can affect their eating habits which are formed in childhood. Healthy diets also include portion control.
Following are some important tips parents can use while monitoring how much their child is eating.
- If your child is full, let them stop eating. Don’t force them to clean their plate.
- Make sure your child takes time to eat their meals.
- Young children should eat servings that are about 2/3 the size of an adult’s.
Food Guide for Young Children, children aged 2-6 should have diets which include the following:
- 2 servings of fruits
- 6 servings of grains
- 3 servings of vegetables
- 2 servings of meats
- 2 servings of milk
- Limited amounts of sweets and fats
Finally, make daily food or eating preparation fun, learning experiences. Have your child help you for buying groceries. In the produce section of the grocery store, have your child look for fruit and vegetables, a rainbow or finding something in each of the colors of the rainbow. Try a new fruits, vegetables, or some new dishes each month. When appropriate, allow your child to assist you in making meals. Talk about those ingredients you’re putting in the recipe.
If you start teaching healthy eating habits to your child now, they may be likely to practice them on their own as well.
For more information, you may leave your comment in a comment box below:
Teaching Healthy Eating Habits
- 150 Unique Indian Baby Boy Names with Meanings, Rashi and Numerology - January 24, 2020
- 18 Best Eco-Friendly Sanitary Napkins for Indian Women - October 20, 2019
- 25 Ideal Newborn Baby Gift Ideas - August 26, 2019
- 8 Best Mosquito Nets for Babies - June 30, 2019
- We All Need to be Heard - May 20, 2019
- Motu Patlu and Barbie Helped Me Make Brushing Fun for My Child - March 22, 2019
- How to Match Fragrance to an Outfit - January 4, 2019
- How to Find Pure Honey and Benefits of Pure Honey - January 4, 2019
- Now no more Crying, my Baby sleeps peacefully again! - August 10, 2018
- Keep an eye on kids Facebook with Spy App - March 29, 2018