Mommies….!! As your baby has turned 7 months old, so now he/she is all ready to step forward from vegetable/ fruit purees to more varieties of food. So, in this post I have shared Indian Diet Plan for 7 months old baby for your reference. Introduce the foods in your little one’s diet in a very playful manner so that the meal time becomes another pleasure time for him/her.
Some of the growth milestones of 7 months old baby:
- At this stage your baby tends to get his/her first tooth.
- This is the time where babies may develop their “PINCER GRIP” where he wants to pick up the tiny things or small chunks of food by using his thumb and forefinger.
- Your baby will develop full color vision and Distance vision matures.
- Your baby will tend to communicate vocally by making a lot of different sounds – laughter, blowing bubbles, and babbling in chains of consonants such as “da-da-da..”
- Sits with, and then without, support of his/her hands.
- By this stage he/she will start responding to “no”.
And Mommies don’t forget to capture all the special moments.
Now, let us know important tips on how to feed a baby which are discussed below.
Important Tips on how to feed solid foods to 7 months old baby:
- Always give properly fresh cooked, soft textured and easy to digest foods and not the hard ones as the baby’s digestive system is still developing. Don’t store the fruit and vegetable puree.
- In 6th month, solid food is given twice a day but from 7th month you can give thrice a day as proper breakfast, lunch and early dinner to your little one. Don’t feed anything forcefully to baby.
- Breast milk and formula milk should be continued. Increase in the number of meals doesn’t mean that we should stop Breast feeding/ Formula milk.
- As the number of meals increases the need for the milk decreases so you should not be worried. Don’t feed anything forcefully.
- Always remember to go by “3-days wait rule” before introducing any new food to babies.
- Never mix new foods together. Introduce them separately first to see whether the baby can digest the same or not.
- If a baby develops any food allergy then stop feeding that food. Also, consult your pediatrician in such case. (Diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, rashes and too-much crying due to stomach pain are the symptoms in baby of any particular food allergy.)
- Sterilize the baby utensils that are used for cooking and feeding.
- Avoid feeding Cow’s milk, raw vegetables, nuts, too much salt and sugar before the age of one year.
- Feed your baby when he is sitting in a proper sitting position. Make your baby sit on the high chair while feeding.
Find the best high chair for your little one by clicking on the link mentioned below:
- Be careful while feeding your baby as introduction of some solid foods can cause constipation or Diarrhea too.
- Refrain your little one from watching TV, mobile phone, etc. while you are feeding anything to them. (If you will not follow this, then it will become their habit and they will not eat anything when TV is off)
- Water intake is must for a baby. Intake of water must be 2 to 4 ounce per day (i.e. 60 to 120 ml). For tracking, you can feed water to him/her from a sipper which have markings. 2 to 4 ounce in a day doesn’t mean plane water alone. Foods like soups, dal paani, barley water, cucumber, etc. have water content. So, if you are feeding foods to baby that have water content then few sips are enough in a day.
Before I write down Indian Diet Plan for 7 months old baby, let us first see the list of foods that you can include and those you should avoid in your baby’ Diet Plan.
Foods to include in Indian Diet Plan for 7 months old baby:
At 7 months, you can introduce the below foods in addition to 6 months food chart. So, here is the list of some foods to be included in Indian Diet Plan for 7 months old baby:
- Breastfeed or Formula milk:- You should continue to breastfeed or formula feed to your baby as and when required.
Introduce finger foods like:
- Cottage cheese cubes, tofu cubes
- Boiled egg (chopped/ cut into pieces)
- Well cooked veggies (boiled potatoes, boiled carrots, zucchini)
- Soft fruits like (Banana, ripe papaya, mangoes)
Finger foods are any bite-size, easy-to-eat pieces of food that your baby can pick up and eat by himself.
Foods to avoid in Indian Diet Plan for 7 months old baby:
Some foods pose a choking hazard and a few aren’t good for your baby’s digestive system. Here is the list of some foods to be avoided in Indian Diet Plan for 7 months old baby.
- Cow’S Milk
- Soy Milk
NOTE: Your baby can’t digest proteins in cow’s milk and soy milk during the first year. They also contain minerals in amounts that can damage the kidneys. However, the products made with cow’s milk such as yogurt, cheese, custard can be given. Stick to the breast- milk or formula milk until your child turns 1.
- Uncooked Vegetables
- Fruits like grapes, dates
- Meat/ hard/ sticky foods
- There’s a risk of food allergies, especially when there is a family history of allergies. Consult a pediatrician while introducing foods like eggs, meat, nuts.
- Avoid fried foods.
- Avoid sugary cereals.
You may be interested in reading-
Now we know what food is to be included and what is to be avoided, I will now pen down Indian Diet Plan for 7 months old baby for your reference.
Indian Diet Plan for 7 months old baby:
You can note down all the Food/ Meal recipes referred in the above four plans by clicking on the link mentioned below:
Important Tip: You should continue with the Breast milk/ Formula milk in addition to the meals (as mentioned above) as and when required by the baby (when the baby feels hungry). But one thing should be kept in mind that if the baby eats a good amount of portion of meal then you should keep a gap of 2 hours in the next feed.
NOTE:- This Indian Diet Plan for 7 months old Baby is framed to just give you an idea about the food items that you can include. You can make changes in timings and according to the babies taste and acceptability for that particular food item, also changes can be made on the basis of availability of the food item. Strict meal times is not mandatory. Feed him whenever he is hungry.
Do leave a comment if you have any query related to Indian Diet Plan for 7 months old Baby.
You may be interested in reading-
- 10 Month Baby Food Chart - September 20, 2019
- 9 Month Baby Food Chart - September 21, 2018
- 9 Month Baby Food Chart Recipes - September 13, 2018
- Indian Diet Chart for 8 Months Old Baby - February 22, 2018
- Indian Food Chart Recipes for 8 Months old Baby - February 20, 2018
- Indian Diet Plan for 7 Months Old Baby - January 21, 2018
- 7 Months Indian Baby Food Chart Recipes - January 20, 2018
- Indian Diet Plan for 6 Months Old Baby - January 12, 2018
- 14 Best Indian First Foods For 6 Months Old Baby - January 5, 2018