Design can be found at the crux of almost every industry today as increasingly businesses are realizing that a well-designed product and service is integral to their success. Building an Innovation capacity has become a survival tool for every organization. Design Strategy & Management, a course which offers the right blend of design and management education. A trained Design Manager acts as a bridge between the creative and business side of a company. It is via the power of Design thinking and Innovative methodologies that the Design Manager is able to build in an Innovation Capacity among people in the organization.
Below are the top 5 reasons you’ll love about being a part of the tribe:
- You’re part of a niche group.
India produces 1.5 million STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Management) graduates every year. Resultant scenario is that a whopping chunk of these graduates struggle to find the work they aspire for. So, don’t be afraid of being different. Be afraid of being the same as everyone else. Be a game changer and enter the niche.
2. You are not just entrepreneurs. You are Designpreneurs!
By learning the essentials of both design and business, the course enables young creative minds to develop the ability to build new and niftier products, and also know the trick to sell them in the market. This creates a new class of entrepreneurs, who may be called Designpreneurs!
3. You are scarce as hen’s teeth and will always have a huge demand in the industry.
Every business is about design today. However, there is a language problem. The businesses side finds it difficult to understand design. Similarly, design industry lacks management skills. A typical manager cannot bridge this gap. Design managers have the ability to align design and business in a perfect way.
4. All exams are open book!
Yes, you read it right. You are not required to cram thousands of definitions and formulas, and vomit it out on the exam day. The focus is rightly placed on learning by doing, and you are constantly involved in experiential learning via projects, case studies, design thinking workshops, field visits etc.
5. International exposure.
It is very well recognized that cross cultural exposure is very important in developing the overall personality and expanding opportunities for a design manager. Hence, international study trips are a fundamental part of the curriculum at both graduate and post-graduate levels.
This post 5 reasons to study Design Strategy & Management is by Dr Sanmitra Chitte, the Dean of School of Management at World University of Design.
|If you have more queries related to courses in Design? Click here on their official website|
- The Bare Essentials: School Supplies 2019 - September 10, 2019
- Seven Tips to Help Single Parents Make the Most of Their Money - September 6, 2019
- 5 Reasons to Study Design Strategy & Management - August 27, 2019
- How to Enjoy and Prepare for IAS Entrance Exams - August 26, 2019
- 5 Things to Consider before Beginning IVF Treatment - August 21, 2019
- 7 Tips to Make This School Year Successful - July 21, 2019
- A Few Tips to Remember While Buying TV Cabinet Designs - July 17, 2019
- Luxury Watches are Exclusive Timepieces that Need Proper Maintenance to Tick for Long - June 6, 2019
- Some Low Cost Hair Styling Products to Prevent Hair Thinning - June 2, 2019
- Off-the-Wall Courses in Design for Generation Z - May 29, 2019