Again.. Half finished plate. No matter how much I cajole him he will repudiate. Come to the world of my son, a regular ten year old kid who loves cricket, biryani and transformer series. But during this time he becomes cranky. With onset of every monsoon or winter he would suffer from mild cold and cough and ends up with tonsillitis-inflammation of tonsils. So, this post describes Home Remedies To Tackle Tonsillitis In Children.
Everyone who suffered from tonsillitis can attest to the utmost discomfort that the said condition bring. With an aching throat it becomes really challenging to eat drink or talk. Also pain persist in the ears. Countless counseling with doctors didn’t help me much. Some even suggested for tonsillectomy which scared me like anything. Situation worsened with every winter season. Besides antibiotics I was trying some home remedies for my child to prevent it beforehand and also some food which can be chewed easily during this time. And the best tip I got from one of my doctor friend and want to share these tips and home remedies to tackle Tonsillitis in children with you all which really worked for my child and can be helpful to others who are facing same like me.
Prevention is always better than cure. So, before jotting down various effective home remedies to tackle Tonsillitis in children, let us know what are its preventive tips.
- People/ Children who suffers from tonsillitis frequently should make it habit to gargle twice a day with warm salty water.
2. Antibiotics should be taken only if the doctor prescribes them.
Food during this period:
1. Scrambled egg:
My kid likes egg and savoring it in any form. During ongoing pain scramble egg is more beneficial than hard boiled egg or egg curry. Not only it is soft but also easy to swallow.
2. Boiled Rice/ Plain Khichdi:
Instead of chappati and rotisserie try boiled rice or plain khichdi.
3. Mashed potatoes:
Having mashed potatoes can also make living with tonsillitis a lot easier. Easy to swallow and rich in carbohydrates and we can add some vegetable like carrot and pepper it before serving. It helps to increase appetite.
Drinks to tackle Tonsillitis:
One best option. Avoid milk with health drinks. So whip some ginger tea when bugged by tonsillitis. Ginger has super anti inflammatory anti microbial properties, accelerate healing process.
In tonsillitis do make your child gargle with Alum (Phitkari) twice a day. This is one of the most effective home remedies to tackle tonsillitis.
You may be interested in reading-
What Is The Right Age For Sex Education For Children? Click here to read more
- 8 Effective Home Remedies for Diaper Rash in Babies - March 12, 2018
- Home Remedies To Tackle Tonsillitis In Children - November 27, 2017
- What Is The Right Age For Sex Education For Children - October 27, 2017
- How I Resisted Myself From Over-Parenting - October 5, 2017
- Healthy Breakfast for Yummy Mommies - August 15, 2017
- Smart Recipe for Smart Baby - July 20, 2017
- Teaching Kids to Waste Less Food - June 30, 2017
- Tips To Increase Your Child’s Height - June 22, 2017