These days, Parents are more concerned about giving medicines to their kids. They don’t want to give unnecessary antibiotics as they are harmful to their growth, liver, nervous system etc. Many natural remedies are effective treatment for cold and cough. Kids are more prone to infections.
So, I summarized some Natural and Herbal remedies for Cold and Cough for kids without harming them internally.
Eat fruits rich in vitamin C, as it has healing properties to sore throat and cough. You can have grape fruit, oranges, lemon.
3. Drink lemon tea with honey.
4. Milk and Turmeric-
This is the effective way to fight with cough. Good for both adults and kids.
Drinking Luke warm water reduces the inflammation in the throat and washed out the infections from body.
6. Special Tea-
You can add Tulsi, ginger and black pepper. These are important ingredients to fight with common cold and cough.
Take out the juice of ginger and Tulsi and some honey in it .
8. Jaggery solution-
Boil jaggery with water and add black pepper and cumin in it. It will give relief to chest congestion.
9. Warm mustard oil massage-
Mustard oil with 2 garlic gloves. Massage gently on baby’s chest and feet.
10. Cumin and Ajwain-
Boil cumin and ajwain with water and give to kid when it cools down.
Vegetables and chicken soup, these soups increase immunity of the body and give comfort during cold and cough.
12. Coconut oil massage-
Warm coconut oil with 2-3 leaves of Tulsi and massage gently on chest, palm and feet.
13. Ghee with pinch of black pepper-
14. Saffron milk –
Saffron (Kesar) milk is excellent during cold and cough. Drink it before sleeping.
15.Nasal saline drops-
It helps in clearing nose and give relief to kids in breathing.
16. Use Humidifier-
It can help ease the dryness in the air and will help make breathing easier when your child has blocked nose.
17. Gargle therapy-
Take Luke warm water with salt and pinch of turmeric in it. And give it to kid for gargle.
One of the best remedy to open up the stuffy nose. For kids use steamer in the room.
Apart from all these remedies ensure that your kid take proper rest.
Happy Parenting with Budding Star
- Home Remedies for Glowing Skin - March 1, 2021
- Healthy Foods for Kids – Junior Athletes - January 19, 2021
- Pregnancy Diet - January 14, 2021
- Natural and Herbal Remedies for Cold and Cough for Kids - August 13, 2017
- “DARR, DARE AND CARE”…. - July 30, 2017
- Nature’s Miracle – Benefits of “Camphor” - July 9, 2017
- Indian Diet Plan for Breastfeeding Mothers - July 2, 2017
- Zero Oil Cooking Recipes For Moms - June 25, 2017