It is natural that every woman develops stretch marks at some point of time in her life. And it’s very common during and after pregnancy. Although they are natural and not physically painful, but have ugly looks. So, no Woman would like to have stretch marks on her skin. Pregnancy also brings major changes in the appearance and health of the vagina. Apple cider vinegar bath or douche can help resolve such problems. Wondering how to get rid of pregnancy stretch marks naturally? Then this post is a must read for you! Here, Budding Star tells you How to get rid of Stretch Marks after Pregnancy through Home Remedies that have no side effects.
Is It Possible To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks Completely?
At least half of pregnant women get stretch marks. Well, it’s not possible to reduce Pregnancy Stretch Marks completely. But it gets lighter with time. The marks will not disappear if you will use creams, lotions, and oil. Rather it will make your skin smooth and supple. Gradually with time (months or maybe years), the marks will turn into fine lines which are almost closer to your skin tone.
Natural Remedies For How To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks After Pregnancy.
1. Potato Juice
Potato juice promotes the restoration and growth of skin cells as it contains vitamins and minerals.
- Cut thick slices of potato.
- Rub gently on the stretch marks for a few minutes. Make sure the starch from the potato covers the affected portion.
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and thereafter wash off with lukewarm water.
2. Castor Oil
Castor Oil which can be used for numerous skin problem treatment, is also an effective natural way to remove stretch marks after pregnancy.
- Apply castor oil directly on the stretch marks and massage it in a circular motion for 15-20 minutes.
- After massaging, cover the area with thin cotton cloth and apply some heat using a heating pad.
- For best results, do this as often as you can for a month.
3. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel has many healing and soothing properties that’s why it can be used for removing Pregnancy Stretch Marks.
- Remove the outer layer of the Aloe Vera leaf and take out the sticky gel from the inside of the leaf.
- Use this gel on stretch marks
- wash off with water after 2-3 hours.
- Grind 2-3 apricots after removing their seeds to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste directly on the stretch marks.
- Leave it for 20 minutes. Then, rinse it with lukewarm water.
5. Vicks Vaporub
- Mix the coffee grounds and coconut oil together and make it into a paste, put a layer of Vicks VapoRub on your stomach, then rub the coconut-oil-and-coffee-grounds paste on top.
- Wrap Saran wrap around it four times and let it sit for 30 minutes.
6. Sugar, Lemon Juice, Vitamin E
- For this natural remedy, you need one spoonful of sugar, one teaspoon of olive oil or castor oil, lemon juice and half a capsule of vitamin E.
- Mix all ingredients together until you get a smooth paste, then apply it to your stretch marks using circular movements for two to three minutes.
This one might make your eyes water, but it’s worth it.
- Cut red onion rings, and using one at a time massage your stretch marks a few times twice a day for at least 60 seconds per onion ring.
- Once you’re done, put the onion pieces in a blender and mix until you get a thick paste and apply it on the affected area for few hours.
8. Baking Soda
- Mix one tablespoon Baking Soda with the lemon juice to form a paste.
- Apply this on the affected area and wrap in cling.
- Remove the wrap after 20-30 minutes and wash with warm water.
9. Egg White
Egg helps in rejuvenating the skin as it is a rich source of protein. For removing Pregnancy stretch marks only Egg White should be used as it contains amino acid and proteins.
- Break one egg and separate the white portion from the yolk.
- Beat the egg white for one minute before applying it to your stretch marks, making sure to keep it on for 10 minutes.
10. Almond Oil
Almond oil is amongst the most efficient organic stretch mark treatments. The effects are more noticeable in women who used almond oil for pigmented skin on a daily basis throughout pregnancy.
- Take 1-2 Tablespoon of sweet almond Oil and in that add few drops of your favorite essential oil and mix it well. Heat it for a few seconds and apply all over your stretch marks.
- Then gently massage in a circular motion for a couple of minutes and let it dry.
Honey is among the most often used natural stretch mark cures. However, for it to work, the honey should be both pure and natural.
- Due to its antiseptic property , honey is a great source of reducing stretch marks. Apply honey on a cloth
- Place it on the affected areas
- Rinse off using warm or lukewarm water
12. Turmeric And Sandalwood
Sandalwood oil and turmeric can help to delay this down. It can make a significant difference if utilised as soon as the signs of ageing are observed. If worn regularly, it can also help skin that has already been damaged. It can also help to reduce stretch marks.
- As they promote even skin texture, mix rubbed sandalwood in water with smooth paste of turmeric root
- Leave it for a few minutes
- Rinse it off with warm or lukewarm water
13. Oil Of Vitamin E
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant with anti-aging and skin-regenerating properties. Stretch marks and bruises are frequently treated with this product. Combining vitamin E with these essential oils, which have some other skin-rejuvenating properties, could help your stretch mark therapy.
- Take the oil out of the vitamin E pill.
- Apply to stretch marks with whatever moisturiser you use daily.
- It provides excellent effects by fading away from the markings when used regularly.
Protein, essential amino acids, and vitamins K and E are all abundant in alfalfa leaves. Their antifungal properties cleanse the skin and aid in the healing of stretch marks.
- Blend the powder with a few drops of chamomile oil to make a homogeneous paste.
- It should be massaged all over the stretch marks.
- Stretch marks will fade away in a week if you use them two to three times a day.
- Alfalfa powder may be found at most grocery shops.
15. Moisturiser Made At Home
Moisturiser aids in the improvement of skin suppleness. It is best to pick it based on your skin type. For example, if your skin is dry, try a cocoa butter-based moisturiser; if your skin is oily, use an aloe vera-based moisturiser or a clay moisturiser.
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, aloe vera gel, and wheat germ oil in equal parts.
- If you have dry or mixed skin, you can use it as a moisturiser.
- If you have oily skin, combine the ingredients above with clay.
Stay Beautiful! Stay Confident!!
You may be interested in reading –
Is Traveling by Train During Pregnancy is Safe? Click here to read about it
- How To Remove Stretch Marks : Home Remedies - March 1, 2021
- Home Remedies for Wrinkles - March 1, 2021
- Child Obesity: A Global Problem - February 15, 2019
- The Blue Whale Challenge Game Menace - August 11, 2017
- Belly Skin Care During Pregnancy - July 21, 2017
- A Ride of “HAPPINESS” - June 24, 2017
- My Hero.. My Dad - June 18, 2017
- Is C-Section Painful or Not? - June 6, 2017