A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 10
Now your baby can be referred to as a Fetus. Pregnancy week 10 marks the end of the embryonic period.
So, my dear ‘would-be’ Momma! You have achieved a major milestone as you have reached to your 10th week of pregnancy and you are left with few weeks more to complete your first trimester. You are about two months and one week pregnant. This is really exciting… Isn’t it?
This is the best time to disclose the good news of your pregnancy which you were hiding from your relatives and close friends as the danger period for organ development is near to completion.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Curious to know your due date? Use Budding Star’s Pregnancy Due Date Calculator to know this.|
Just check out this complete information guide to know what your fetus is doing and how much it has developed along with your body and moods changes and also what you should do and what you should not do in your 10th week of pregnancy.
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 10:
In Pregnancy week 10:
- Size of baby – 1.22 inches (3.1 cm)
- Weight of baby – 0.14 ounce (4 grams)
- Baby is about the size of a Strawberry.
This is the time when your baby’s tissue and organs will grow rapidly.
- The important organ like liver, kidneys, intestines and brain are developing (will keep on developing throughout the pregnancy) and has started producing red blood cells and they are also functioning properly.
- The head will look bulgier than his/her body as the brain is still in its developing stage and connecting with nerve cells.
- This week the teeth will start forming under the gums.
- The tiny nails are forming on fingers and toes which are no more appear to be webbed like.
- Your baby can now bend his/her arms however legs will take a longer time to start functioning completely.
- And more surprisingly, your baby is now able to swallow and kick inside your tummy; however, you will not be able to feel because he/she is still very small.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Finding latest and unique names for your little bundle of joy? Click on the link mentioned below to get the list of unique names of boy and girl (with meaning) according to their Zodiac sign and Rashi.|
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 10:
- Your belly must have now started to show up because of the fetal continuous growth and development. So here you can go to the market and can do some shopping for your maternity wear. Prefer to buy loose and comfortable clothes as your belly will keep on increasing its size. And yes, if your belly is still not showing up, do not worry as symptoms and signs vary from woman to woman. It will show in coming weeks.
- Another new visible sign you may notice during this week is the appearance of Spidery red lines, which is known as Spider Nervi in your upper arms and chest. This happens because of the pregnancy hormone called estrogen, which broaden up the blood vessels. This sign usually goes off post-pregnancy.
- You may also observe that your Veins have become more prominent. This is due to the fact that a fetus needs more blood to grow which it takes from your body.
Apart from above body changes and symptoms, some common symptoms during the 10th week of pregnancy are as follows:
- Constipation – Though this is an unpleasant feeling but it is very common during the first trimester. Avoid oily and spicy foods and make your shift towards healthy and nutritionally balanced diet. Drink plenty of water to keep your bowel movements normal and healthy.
[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Suffering from Constipation during Pregnancy?
Remedy- Take 10 Currant (Munakka) and boil with 1 glass milk. Now eat these Currants and drink that milk at night before going to sleep. You can repeat it for 2-3 days for chronic constipation.
Read more such effective Home Remedies for Constipation During Pregnancy.
- Mood Swings – This symptom stays for the first trimester and then will reoccur in the third trimester.
- Dizziness – This is due to the extra pumping of your body’s blood. Remember, whenever you feel dizzy or about to faint, sit down immediately. Try to maintain your blood sugar levels by eating healthy quick snacks.
- Tiredness/ fatigue – As the baby is growing inside it is obvious to feel tired and exhausted with the minimal task. Don’t take much stress and exertion. Do your work slowly. Take proper rest and sleep well. Take small nap in afternoon so that body can take rest.
- Morning sickness – You may be suffering from nausea and vomiting regularly which will make you physically sick. This symptom will subside in second trimester. So, just calm down! You should never skip any of your meal and take proper rest. Eat in small quantities but in frequent intervals. Doctors normally suggest having a small meal as soon as you wake up in the morning. You can have two biscuits or one rusk with tea/milk in the morning.
- Heartburn – This is also totally normal but unpleasant symptom of pregnancy. You may feel acidity and a bit pain in your upper abdomen. To prevent this, it is advised that after having lunch or dinner don’t go to bed immediately.
- Vaginal discharge – You may have a white and milky colored discharge from your vagina, which is known as Leukorrhea in medical term. Please don’t worry about it. This discharge is important to protect your internal organs from getting infected with any infection.
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 10:
Here are some important tips for Pregnancy week 10:
|It is important to follow a healthy routine by practicing yoga or exercise to stay calm and stress-free.||Do not take any Over-the-counter (OTC) medicine, as every medicine is not safe during pregnancy (except Paracetamol). So, it is better to consult your doctor before consuming any medicine.|
|Keep continuing your prenatal vitamins with Folic acid (400 mcg) every day.||Avoid traveling to long distances.|
|It is important now to get more Vitamin D. Exposure to the sunlight (with an application of Sunscreen), consumption of Cheese, Egg Yolks, dairy products, orange juice, mushrooms, etc. are some of the good sources of Vitamin D.||Completely quit unhealthy habits like smoking, drinking alcohol or chewing tobacco and excessive intake of caffeine.|
|If you are a working lady, then it is advisable to walk slowly.||Don’t skip any meal. Avoid eating spicy and oily stuff. Don’t consume Dry fruits.|
Note: Vitamin D is necessary for bones growth and development and it prevents from rickets in newborns. Any deficiency in Vitamin D can lead to complication which can be either preterm delivery, the low birth weight of a baby, gestational diabetes, etc.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
- What common infections that a pregnant lady can have?
Ans: The common infections which can affect a pregnant lady are Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) and Vaginal Yeast Infections. However, these infections are treatable and curable by proper medications, but it is very important to get yourself diagnosed on-time if suffering from any of these infections.
- Is it safe to do an activity like swimming and cycling during pregnancy?
Ans: High-risk activities should be avoided. However, it is always good to talk to your doctor about the same and let them know that you’re willing to cycle and take their advice. It is also very important to listen to your body. You are growing a baby inside you, and it is not an easy task as you must be getting tired soon. So, if you are not feeling good, stop the exercise or an activity.
To-Be Moms enjoy each day as it comes.
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 10:
- Everything You Want To Know About The Sims 4 Pregnancy Mods - April 13, 2021
- 5 Things to Consider before Beginning IVF Treatment - April 13, 2021
- Top 18 Symptoms of Baby Girl During Pregnancy - April 3, 2021
- Top 17 Symptoms of Baby Boy During Pregnancy - March 27, 2021
- Do This One Thing To Take Care Of Your Child’s Education Expenses - March 26, 2021
- Tips to Raise a Confident Public Speaker - March 25, 2021
- The Impact Of International Schools Is Growing – Here’s Why - February 24, 2021
- How To Choose A Suitable Life Insurance Policy As A New Dad - February 24, 2021
- What You Need to Know When Hiring A Wedding Photographer - February 5, 2021
- 12 Best High Chairs for Babies in India - January 20, 2021