A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 14
Congratulations! To-be Mom! Now you’ve officially entered your second trimester. Pregnancy week 14 marked the starting point of your 4th-month pregnancy.
The second trimester is the safest trimester as compared to the other trimesters. During this trimester, you should be more focused on your diet and your pregnancy-safe exercise.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Get the list of unique names of boys and girls (with meaning) according to their Zodiac sign and Rashi. Here is the list- Indian Baby Modern Names|
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 14:
In Pregnancy week 14:
- Size of baby – 3.4 inches (8.7 cm)
- Weight of baby – 1.5 ounces (42 grams)
- Baby is as big as an Apple.
By the 14th week, your baby’s brain has developed at a very fast pace. At the start of the second trimester, your baby will start using his/her facial muscles to grimace squint and frown.
By this week, your baby has developed the lot of hair not only on his head and eyebrows but also on his body which is known as Lanugo (which helps to keep baby warm) in medical term. This lanugo usually disappears before birth. Your baby is now able to suck his thumb. Your baby can now stand up straight and neck is getting stronger. The baby is practicing to breathe now.
Around now, the kidneys have started to work and function properly. Your baby will pass urine which contains amniotic fluid which he swallows. Other important development by this week is the production of Meconium in the intestines. The meconium is the earliest stool of infant. It is black colored and tar-like.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Wish to have a Normal Delivery? Although there is no fixed formula to ensure that one can have a normal delivery, there are certain steps that when taken during a pregnancy, increase the chances of having a natural, normal childbirth. Read “effective tips for normal delivery” for more information.|
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 14:
In the 14 weeks of pregnancy, you will feel that moods and symptoms of the first trimester have disappeared. Now you will get some relief and you will be happier. But if you feel that the symptoms of the first trimester have not gone so far, then you do not worry at all because every pregnant woman differs from another pregnant woman. If you want you can talk to your doctor about this for your satisfaction.
Some other symptoms and body changes which you might feel in your 14th week of pregnancy are been mentioned below:
- Ligament Pain – You may start feeling pain in your ligament. A ligament is a fibrous connective tissue that connects bones to other bones. This pain in ligament happens due to the stretching of muscles and ligaments to accommodate your growing fetus. If in case, you feel unbearable pain or cramps then speak to your doctor.
- Increase in appetite and energy – You must be feeling now more hungry but still energetic. So, therefore, it is important to satisfy your hunger by consuming extra calories per day, as whatever you will eat, it will add up to your baby’s growth and development.
- Presence of varicose veins – As the uterus grows, it gives pressure to your body which increase pressure in your leg veins. The varicose veins work on the logic of genetically effect, therefore, you’re more likely to get varicose veins if your mother has had them in her pregnancy. The varicose veins disappear once you give birth to your baby. And if in case it doesn’t goes off then you can consider various treatment options after your baby is born.
- Thicker and shinier hair – Many pregnant women experience this beneficial symptom during their 14 weeks of pregnancy. During pregnancy, higher levels of estrogen prolong the hair growth resulting in less shedding of hair making them thicker and shinier.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Calculate your due date by using Budding Star’s Pregnancy Due Date Calculator by entering the first day of your last menstrual period.|
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 14:
There are many lifestyle modifications that need to be made during pregnancy and post-delivery. Here are important tips for Pregnancy week 14:
- Eating well is the priority throughout the pregnancy period. Try to intake complete nutrition in your diet. You can get plenty of vitamins through fresh fruits and vegetables. If you’re concerned about your diet, you can ask for multivitamin supplements from your doctor. But remember healthy and fresh foods are the best source of a healthy diet.
- To make sufficient level of hemoglobin and red blood cells, the consumption of iron is important. Therefore, green leafy vegetables, pulses, fish, and corn flakes are the good option to increase your iron intake. These are natural products for iron intake but it is essential to start Iron Folic acid tablets because now the requirement is much more than the usual daily intake.
- Try to remain stress free and you can practice yoga and prenatal exercise to remain healthy and energetic. Stay happy and positive.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Last but not the least, do not follow any unhealthy lifestyle routine and stay away from all such activities which include certain amount of risk.
[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Suffering from anxiety in Pregnancy? Do meditation!
Advantages of doing meditation during pregnancy:
Read more about amazing benefits of Meditation for Pregnancy and Childbirth.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
- Is it safe to eat chaat and gol gappas or any street food during pregnancy?
Ans: According to the experts and medical practitioners, street foods are not safe during pregnancy. As there is a possibility of getting an infection or any food poisoning. This can happen due to the poor food hygiene standards and unclean water. When you’re pregnant, the immune system changes to protect the developing baby. As food craving comes as a symptom of pregnancy so the safest way to satisfy your cravings is to prepare these street foods at your home.
Create a pleasant environment. Spend quality time with your family!
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 14:
- 4 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before You Seek Out Adoption - October 31, 2022
- What Are The Top 10 Upcoming Trends For Women To Wear In 2023? - October 7, 2022
- 10 Amazing Board Books That Kids Adore - September 27, 2022
- Why the latest design trend of temporary wallpaper is amazing - May 12, 2022
- Advantages Of CBSE Board For Better Chances In Future - March 13, 2022
- Highly Effective Ways to Motivate Learning in Online Classes - March 7, 2022
- What is the Difference between a Doula, a Midwife, and a Maternity Nurse? - November 5, 2021
- IVF Process & Benefits- Explained By Best IVF Doctor In Mumbai - August 14, 2021
- Tips On How To Balance Family Commitments With Nursing School - June 12, 2021
- Why Homeschooling Is Best For Your Kids - May 29, 2021