A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 21
By Pregnancy Week 21, your baby will become active by doing activities like kicking and swimming in the amniotic fluid.
You are 4 months and about three weeks pregnant. The pregnancy hormones do a lot of changes in your body apart from helping your baby to grow and develop. The pain in ligament, cramps, a change in the centre of gravity, uncomfortable sleep, etc. all gets added as you move ahead in the journey of pregnancy. Despite, keep an eye on your healthy and balanced diet and keep enjoying every moment of this beautiful phase of life.
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 21:
In Pregnancy week 21:
- Size of baby – 10.5 inches (26.67 cm)
- Weight of baby – 12.70 ounces (360 grams)
- Baby is like a size of a Carrot.
The digestive system of your baby is in the maturity stage.
- Your little munchkin’s toenails and fingernails have begun to grow.
- You can expect well-developed eyebrows and eyelashes on her eyes which are still closed. Though the eyelids are not open, still your baby can differentiate light and dark and can even respond to it.
- If you are carrying a baby girl, then her vagina will begin to form.
- As now your baby has swallowing abilities and taste buds have formed so whatever the food you will eat, your baby can taste it because of swallowing an amniotic fluid. This will change the taste of amniotic fluid as well (depending on the food you eat). And this is a surprising fact that once baby will be born he/she would be giving more preference to those foods that he tasted while in your womb.
Image courtesy: www.youtube.com
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”] Gone are those times when To-Be Moms used to write their feelings and pregnancy experiences in diaries. Let the world know how you are feeling. Join our platform and be a blogger with us! We will promote you on our social media channels. |
Link for registration- Budding Star’s Mommy Bloggers Squad…!!
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 21:
The pregnancy is not an easy phase. A pregnant woman has to be very careful while dealing with signs and symptoms of pregnancy. Few critical symptoms and body changes during the 21st-week pregnancy are discussed below:
- Increased thirst – It is normal during pregnancy that you may feel thirstier as compared to your normal days. So, make sure you drink plenty of water to stay hydrated as dehydration is not good for your health.
- Pain in your tummy – You may have had felt a slight pain in your tummy during your first trimester, but that time it was the normal symptom. But if you feel pain during your second trimester, please contact your doctor as it is a danger sign. This pain can happen when your placenta is not functioning properly.
- An increase in body temperature – During pregnancy, you need to be extra cautious and attentive in your body temperature. A fever in pregnancy can be harmful to your baby as certain infections can harm your baby. Take the prescribed medicine and take proper rest.
- Vaginal Bleeding – The vaginal bleeding during the pregnancy phase should not be overlooked. The vaginal bleeding accompanied by one-sided pain in the abdomen, blood clots, and sudden bleeding is not a good sign, hence it should be brought to the notice of your doctor.
- Edema – Edema is a swelling on your hands and feet during the pregnancy. Do not stand and sit for too long and keep your feet up whenever you want to relax.
Apart from the above critical symptoms, there are also few common symptoms which are visible during the second trimester like itchy tummy, varicose veins and bloating with gas.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”] Do not wear tight clothes as it may give you an uncomfortable feel. Wish to buy maternity wear? Shop online. Click on the links mentioned below to buy best of maternity wears from Amazon.|
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 21:
Keep a proper care of your hygiene too. Most of the pregnant women experience Urinary Tract Infection also while being in the second trimester. A Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) or a bladder infection is a bacterial infection and considered to be most common during pregnancy. To reduce the likelihood of developing of a UTI:
- Drink 7-8 glasses of water daily.
- Wash your vagina after urinating.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting under-garments and pants.
- Must go to urinate before and after sexual intercourse.
Other Do’s and Don’ts i.e. important tips for Pregnancy week 21 are as follows:
|Continue with your Folic Acid every day.||Don’t take stress and exertion.|
|Exercise or practice Yoga.||Do not swim or get involved in any activity which is associated with some risk. Avoid wearing heels.|
|Read books, listen to the music, go for a light walk.||Avoid hearing loud music as it gives discomfort to your baby who is in your womb.|
|Sleep on your sides. Take small nap in afternoon so that body can take rest.||Avoid sleeping on your tummy.|
|Spend some good time with your partner.||Do not hide your feelings. You may feel sometimes very low.|
|Eat green leafy vegetables which are a source of iron, calcium and vital nutrients that are needed in pregnancy.||Quit spicy and oily foods. Do not follow any unhealthy routine.|
|Stretch marks may give you itching. Apply an olive oil or any moisturizer to ease from itching.||Do not scratch your tummy as it can lead to an inflammation.|
The most important thing during pregnancy is having faith in yourself. If all other women on this earth can do this, why can’t you? The process is for sure complex and painful but Pregnancy is a beautiful journey of pains and gains. So, make yourself ready!
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 21:
- Diet During 4-6 Months After Delivery - September 3, 2020
- 50 Best Unique Fancy Dress Ideas for Kids - August 16, 2020
- Easy Ways to Make Math Interesting for Kids - May 29, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Dry and Dull Lips Naturally - April 2, 2020
- Top 15 Symptoms of Baby Girl During Pregnancy - March 28, 2020
- Top 15 Symptoms of Baby Boy During Pregnancy - March 27, 2020
- Everything You Want To Know About The Sims 4 Pregnancy Mods - March 18, 2020
- Role of Social Class in Parenting - January 7, 2020
- Fostering- A Form of Employment with Human Touch - November 9, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Car Insurance Policies For Seniors - October 31, 2019