[heading tag=”h2″ align=”center” color=”#000″ style=”lines” color2=”#000″]In this Article[/heading]
[divider height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]
A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 23
Congratulations To be Mom! By Pregnancy week 23, you are five months pregnant.
This week on wards your baby will start to gain weight and as a result, your body will show some rapid changes. Let us have a look what is happening this week.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”] Haven’t thought of your little munchkin’s name yet? |
Get the list of unique names of boys and girls (with meaning) according to their Zodiac sign and Rashi. Here’s the link- Indian Baby Modern Names
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 23:
In Pregnancy week 23:
- Size of baby – 11.4 inches (28.95 cm) – from head to foot.
- Weight of baby – 1.1 pound (501 grams)
- Baby is as big as a Grapefruit.
Your baby continues to gain weight and looking like a newborn now.
- Lanugo or the fine hair which covers the baby is getting darker this week.
- The vestibular system, which is a sensory system to provide the sense of balance, has started functioned.
- Your baby’s bone marrow has started to make blood cells.
- The swallowing ability is going well. There is a surprising fact to know an amniotic fluid cleanses itself 6-7 times a day, therefore, there is no need to worry what your baby is giving in his/her mouth.
- The eyes and gums are getting mature to function.
- Your baby seems to be more reddish in colour as the veins and arteries are visible through her skin.
- The wrinkled skin will soon be filled up by the fat once the baby gains weight. All the body organs are developed now and they are now in maturity phase.
Image Courtesy: pregnancyweekbyweekcalendar.info
[icon type=”icon-lamp”] Wish to write down how you are feeling, what you are doing and what is your baby doing?
Join our platform and be a blogger with us! We will promote you on our social media channels.
Link for registration- Budding Star’s Mommy Bloggers Squad…!!
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 23:
As the weeks are passing, you may not feel comfortable to sleep due to the growing uterus. By this week, your uterus has grown to 1.5 inches above your belly button. The other pregnancy discomforts and body changes which you can feel during this week of pregnancy are:
- A backache – This happens due to the pressure of growing uterus on your lower backbone. You may use a pillow to ease yourself. To tackle a backache, consider getting pregnancy massage, apply hot packs on your back, or lay down to reduce the discomfort.
- Food cravings – Do your best to find healthy foods that appeal to you and prefer to eat frequently but in small quantity.
- Edema – You may observe a swelling in your feet and ankles due to the pressure of your growing uterus. This is an edema and is a normal sign during pregnancy. But please make sure do not keep your feet in the same position for a longer duration. But if you have severe swelling or you are swollen with sudden onset, then it is advised to consult your doctor immediately as it can a be a sign of Preeclampsia (a serious condition characterized by high blood pressure).
- Braxton Hicks Contractions – At your 23rd week of pregnancy, you may feel sometimes the tightening of your lower abdomen. This is a Braxton Hicks Contractions. These contractions can be felt for 15 seconds to 1 minute. But if in case, you feel that the duration is getting longer, then please contact your doctor.
- Linea nigra – You may find a dark brown line called Linea Nigra between your belly button and pubic area, which is normal during Pregnancy.
- Itchy and Dry skin – The itching on belly happens due to the skin stretching out across your expanding belly. Hence your skin will become very much itchy and dry. Apply oil and moisturizer on the itchy areas.
[icon type=”icon-lamp”] To-Be Moms, having backache? Buy a body pillow to ease yourself.
Click on the link mentioned below to buy the best of Body Pillows from Amazon
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 23:
Are you a first-time parent? It is important to take care of yourself and your baby. Here are few important tips for Pregnancy week 23 to follow.
|Continue with your Folic Acid every day.||Don’t take stress and exertion.|
|Exercise or practice Yoga.||Do not swim or get involved in any activity which is associated with some risk. Avoid wearing heels.|
|Go for a walk, stay active as much as possible to keep your ankles and feet away from swelling. Sit by keeping your feet elevated.||To prevent pregnancy edema, do not sit in the same position for a longer duration.|
|Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated as dehydration can lead to a premature birth.||Avoid staying in hot and humid weather condition as sweating can lead to an itchiness of the skin.|
|Eat balanced and full of nutrition diet. Eat frequently but in small quantities.||Skip none meals. Quit spicy and oily foods. Do not follow any unhealthy routine.|
|Stretch marks may give you itching. Apply an olive oil or any moisturizer to ease from itching.||Do not scratch your tummy as it can lead to an inflammation.|
Sleep at least 8 hours a day during pregnancy. Sleep sleep & sleep as when a kid arrives you will be sleep deprived. It gives you the most stress but one heart melting smile becomes the biggest stress buster too.
Stay blessed! Happy Pregnancy!
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 23:
- How to Cope with Prodromal Labor - March 29, 2020
- Top 15 Symptoms of Baby Girl During Pregnancy - March 28, 2020
- Top 15 Symptoms of Baby Boy During Pregnancy - March 27, 2020
- Everything You Want To Know About The Sims 4 Pregnancy Mods - March 18, 2020
- Role of Social Class in Parenting - January 7, 2020
- Fostering- A Form of Employment with Human Touch - November 9, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Car Insurance Policies For Seniors - October 31, 2019
- The Benefits of Spending More on High-End Sneakers - October 30, 2019
- How to clean a Mattress - October 24, 2019
- Exploring the Nuances of Performance Art - October 17, 2019