[heading tag=”h2″ align=”center” color=”#000″ style=”lines” color2=”#000″]In this Article[/heading]
[divider height=”30″ style=”default” line=”default” themecolor=”1″]
A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 29
By Pregnancy week 29, start counting your fetal kicks. Be more attentive and cautious now.
You are six months and one week pregnant. You would now be asked to visit your doctor more frequently for check-ups and tests. Till now you might have gained 6-9 kg of weight. However, this weight gain depends upon Body Mass Index.
Let’s know what changes will happen in your fetal development this week and how you will behave with your moods and symptoms. At the same time, we will also tell you what kind of care you will have to take in Do’s and Don’ts section.
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 29:
In Pregnancy week 29:
- Size of baby – 15.2 inches (38.6cm) – from crown to heel.
- Weight of baby – around 2.5 pounds (1.13 kg)
- Baby is about the size of an Acorn Squash.
In the third trimester of pregnancy, the baby grows double in size.
- This trimester is basically a maturing stage for all the organs. There is no more development left as every organ has crossed its developing stage and continues to mature now and functioning well.
- However, you can feel more recognizable kicks and punches. Start counting your baby’s kicks every day when you are lying or sitting down. As each kid is different so there is no definite number of times your baby should be moving. If your baby hasn’t move in a while then drink cold water or have some snack or play some music for trying to move him/her. But if your baby still not moved/showed any activity then do call your doctor for checkup.
- The brain is developing rapidly and this process has already been started in the 28th week of pregnancy. The muscles and lungs are maturing too to function well after birth.
- The skin of your baby is becoming softer as the fat is coming. Vernix and lanugo are disappearing now.
- During this stage, make sure you are getting adequate amounts of nutrition which are highly needed for a healthy and full-term pregnancy.
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 29:
You can expect more growth to your bump. Your body changes and symptoms related to pregnancy at this stage are as follows:
- Fatigue – As the growing uterus is stretching towards your ribs, due to which you will find difficult to take a deep breath as well, thus making you tired soon even after the smallest task. So, do not exert yourself so much in doing everyday household chores. Make yourself comfortable first and do your work slowly.
- Itching – You may start experiencing severe itching in your body, especially on your palm and legs. This can be due to the liver disorder, which is common during pregnancy. Consult your doctor for better guidance and help.
- Leaky Boobs – Your breasts may start leaking from now onwards. This indicates the preparation of colostrum. And your nipples will also become darker in its color.
- Constipation and Indigestion – Though both unpleasant symptoms are not at all new for you, so to deal with this you should drink plenty of water. This will keep your bowel movement regular and easy.
- Varicose Veins – You may experience varicose veins in your third trimester of pregnancy. These are swollen blood vessels. Varicose veins affect nearly 40% of the pregnant women. However, proper care and treatment can reduce the possibility of varicose veins.
- Fundal Height around 3.5 inches to 4 inches – At this point, the fundal height is somewhere around 3.5 inches to 4 inches above your belly button. Here is the time when you will not be able to see your feet if you are standing, as it has got disappear below your growing belly.
- Light headedness or Headaches – It can happen due to lack of sleep, low blood sugar, cold/ congestion, stress, dehydration and triggers like loud noises, strong odors, excessive heat/cold, glaring lights, artificial sweeteners, etc. Stay hydrated and follow healthy eating routine to get rid of headaches.
- Backache – This happens due to the pressure of growing uterus on your lower backbone. You may use a pillow to ease yourself.
- Sleepless Nights – Due to the growing pressure of your uterus, you may not feel comfortable while sleeping. Sleep by your side preferably on the left side. For your more comfort, keep pillows in between your legs.
- Frequent Urination – As your uterus is expanding so you will pass the urine more frequently. But it doesn’t mean that you stop having water. Drink plenty of water as it can ease you from many symptoms occurring this week and can also prevent from pre-term labor.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”] Join our Facebook closed group called “Parenting Mom Style” only for Moms and To-be Moms to share experiences and queries.|
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 29:
- In 29th week, you need to be careful about your diet and your health. Add more Protein and Iron in your diet. Eat calcium rich foods and foods having Vitamin C so that your baby gets optimum nutrition. Eat small but in regular interval.
- Continue with prenatal vitamins as prescribed.
- Join some yoga classes or do it at home if your doctor permits (do it correctly else don’t do it at all). It will make your body flexible which in turn helps during the childbirth.
- Stay active as much as possible. Go for a walk daily.
- You can listen to a good music of your choice.
- Reading good books always considered to be a best option for establishing a bond between you and your baby. Reading spiritual books might help. It is believed that listening to garbh sanskar imbibes good values in the baby.
- Don’t read much about delivery process; Normal or Cesarean. Stay away from negative experiences and don’t watch the process on YouTube. It causes anxiety. Every woman goes through a different experience of labor so stay positive and stay cool.
- Identify the warning signs. These signs can be a severe lower back pain, cramps like menstrual, any watery discharge from your vagina which is brownish, or pinkish in colour. If you notice any of such sign, talk to your doctor immediately.
- Pray daily and thank God for giving you this happiness which many are still struggling for.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”] Perform “Concentration Yoga” in your pregnancy as this will connect you more to your baby. Here are simple steps to how to do this.|
Do opt for a pregnancy photo shoot. This will make memories of lifetime.
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 29:
- Tips On How To Balance Family Commitments With Nursing School - June 12, 2021
- Advantages Of Choosing CBSE Board For Better Chances In Future - May 30, 2021
- Why Homeschooling Is Best For Your Kids - May 29, 2021
- Factors To Consider While Finalizing The School For Special Children - May 29, 2021
- Guide To Pick The Best Educational Toys For Kids - May 29, 2021
- How To Choose The Best Online Classes For Your Child - May 29, 2021
- Planning A Successful Road Trip With A Large Family - May 13, 2021
- Is a Night Nurse Right for Your Baby? What You Need to Know Before Hiring One - May 1, 2021
- Everything You Want To Know About The Sims 4 Pregnancy Mods - April 13, 2021
- 5 Things to Consider before Beginning IVF Treatment - April 13, 2021