Hello Would be Mommies,
Welcome to Pregnancy, an incredible journey!
Today, I want to share something with all of you. In this post, I will share a few tips to make your Pregnancy easier and even more Beautiful. When I was pregnant with my twins, I was anxiously waiting for my delivery to be done because I wanted to get rid of the severe back pain and lethal breathlessness which made me feel almost dead many a times. But most of all, I wanted to meet my champ footballers who were constantly kicking me inside and whom I used to see only on monitor screens during ultrasounds.
But but but…my doctor always used to tell me and the other pregnant ladies to enjoy that phase of life as once the baby arrives, there will be no rest, no self care, no pampering and no sleep. Now everyday I remember her and realize those were the words of wisdom.
Since the time I entered motherhood, life has never been the same. It has changed to every possible extent and I’m sure all the moms reading this can relate to me and will nod their head in acceptance. The moment you bring your kid in this world, your life becomes a roller coaster ride full of emotions, postpartum depression, happiness, cries, concerns for your little one and a lot more. You try hard to spare sometime for yourself but days pass by and sometimes you don’t even get to see the mirror and you just keep juggling between diapers and bottles. And if at all, you get a few minutes when your child sleeps, either you wish to just take a nap and recharge yourself or most of the time, you finish the endless household chores.
I truly enjoyed writing this blog as I revisited my pregnancy all over again. So, all you lovely soon to be mommies, below are my suggestions to keep yourself beautiful inside out during this amazingly beautiful journey.
Tips to make your pregnancy easier and even more beautiful:
- Pamper yourself, get manicures, pedicures, waxing done from time to time.
- Perfectly shaped eyebrows and a clean face always makes one feel better, go for it regularly.
- A quick foot massage, head massage and a facial will do wonders. You will feel rejuvenated.
- Don’t forget to visit your parlour once before delivery because you will be super occupied soon after giving birth, moreover you would most likely be following the custom of staying at home for 40 days or so.
- I would advise not to go for a haircut during pregnancy. Reserve this for post delivery as it will be a new phase of life. A new haircut will not just help regain the confidence in you but also give you a new look in your new start.
- Spend quality time with your partner as much as you can. Don’t always discuss the baby, talk about your courtship, marriage, honeymoon and all the beautiful moments spent together. Relive your journey once again.
- Dream and plan with your partner about the new life you are heading towards.
- If you are not on full bed rest, then plan a babymoon with your partner. A short vacation and fresh air will refresh your body and mind and prepare you for the upcoming fun.
- Remember life changes after baby but for good only. Parenting is a blessing.
- A pregnancy photo shoot will make memories of lifetime. It’s a common trend followed by many expecting parents these days but there are still fears and insecurities in the minds of few people about propagandizing pregnancy. If that is your case, you can get a photo shoot done at home itself either by a family member or you can call the photographer home.
- Don’t read much about the delivery process; normal or caesarean. It causes anxiety.
- You need not to eat for two or three (in my case). Eat as per your hunger only.
- Chew your food well for proper and easy digestion and avoid bloating.
- Focus on healthy eating and proportions at a time. Protein, Iron and Calcium packed diet is recommended. (I will not start about food do’s and don’ts here as I’m sure you must be already over flooded with advice from friends and family).
- Listen to music. In my case, the “kick game” inside was all more powerful whenever I listened to music.
- Stay positive. Reading spiritual books might help. It is believed that listening to garbh sanskar imbibes good values in the baby.
- Every body, every pregnancy is different so don’t compare yours with that of your friends or sister or anyone else. It’s not necessary they have the same symptoms that you have.
- Jot down your monthly pregnancy journey in a notebook as a keepsake for your baby. For more details about this and other keepsake ideas, do visit my another blog: Best Keep Sake ideas for your children
- Join some yoga classes or do it at home if your doctor permits. Do it correctly else don’t do it at all.
- Perform Concentration Yoga – Sit on your bed with folded legs and closed eyes and talk to your baby. Feel your baby. Introduce him / her to yourself, tell your Mom is a beautiful woman who feels blessed to have you soon in her arms. Introduce Dad and other family members too. Say all good things and that everyone is eagerly waiting for his / her arrival. Imagine your baby’s face, the color of eyes you wish, his/her tiny hands, feet, fingers, eyes, nose, hair and everything about your baby. Sing a song you love. All this will connect you more to him/her. I used to do this yoga twice a day and it was the best part of my pregnancy. This is one of the best tips to make your Pregnancy easier and even more Beautiful.
- Always remember, pregnancy is a blessing not a disease and you are normal as ever before. So, unless you are not on full rest, keep yourself active, indulge in any activity you like even household chores. Along with household chores, I kept myself busy in painting, making keepsakes for my kids and my full-time job.
- Pray daily and thank God for giving you this happiness which many are still struggling for. This is one of the best things or tips to make your Pregnancy easier and even more Beautiful.
So, these were the tips to make your Pregnancy easier and even more Beautiful. Lastly, enjoy every second of this golden phase of life to the fullest, it passes in a blink of an eye. Gear up to enjoy the pleasures of magical journey called “Motherhood”!
Foods to eat and avoid during pregnancy
Foods to avoid
- Partially or uncooked meat as there is a risk of viral or bacterial contamination
- Raw eggs to avoid salmonella infection
- Empty calorie foods such as chips or cakes etc as they undermine efforts of a pregnant woman to maintain a healthy weight
Foods to eat
- Dairy products as you need extra calcium, protein etc for your little one
- Legumes as it is a plant based protein along with many nutrients that your body needs during pregnancy
- Eggs as they contain almost every nutrient
So, these were the tips to make your Pregnancy easier and even more Beautiful. Lastly, enjoy every second of this golden phase of life to the fullest, it passes in a blink of an eye. Gear up to enjoy the pleasures of a magical journey called “Motherhood”!
Love and all the best!
- Tips To Make Your Pregnancy Easier And Even More Beautiful - March 25, 2021
- Letter to my daughters on their first day of school - June 11, 2018
- I want to be a little girl again! - May 11, 2018
- Prepare your kids for any emergency! - March 14, 2018
- To all the exhausted mommies, take a break. You are doing enough! - January 8, 2018
- Best Keepsake Ideas For Your Children - December 12, 2017
- Fake or the Real You? - December 8, 2017