——————In this Article—————-
Congratulations Moms! Time passes so fast! Your baby has just turned 10 months old. You might encounter a problem here. Your baby might not eat correctly as they were in previous months. However, you need not worry about this as your little one now has more curiosity about exploring new ways of playing, which is one of the 10-month milestones. This post is a must-read for all those moms concerned about their 10 monthly baby food and discusses in detail the 10 months old baby food chart. This article is specially catered towards the Indian diet chart for 10 month baby with respect to the correct schedule to feed them and some tips.
Now your baby may have started to crawl, sit confidently, understand gestures, point, and mumble to indicate their wants. These are a few of the 10-month-old milestones. So, playtime with them shall be becoming more joyful now. But when it comes to food, most babies are fussy eaters. Thus, introduce/offer the foods in a very playful manner so that the mealtime also becomes another pleasure time.
For a 10-month-old infant, you can provide three meals and one optional snack each day, including finger food or another small snack. Breastfeeding or formula feeding should be used for the rest of the time. Choose meal and snack times based on your baby’s tastes. It is time you feed your baby something healthy and tasty at the same time to tickle with their taste buds. Don’t force your baby to eat as each baby has its own pace of adopting food habits.
Nutrient Requirements Of 10-Month-Old Baby:
Focus on vitamins and minerals when it comes to the food choices for your baby. Nutrients that are required majorly for a 10-month-old baby are:
- Iron: it is commonly found in green vegetables, beans, tofu, etc playing a crucial part in the good health or development of the baby. around 11 mg of iron is needed per day for a 10-month-old baby.
- Zinc: it is commonly found in pumpkin seeds, lentils, spinach, asparagus, and yogurt being vital for the growth of reproductive organs and the brain.
- Vitamin C: it is found majorly in fruits like strawberry, papaya, kiwi, broccoli, and vegetables. Vitamin C helps in the absorption of iron and helps the baby in maintaining a healthy and functioning immune system.
- Vitamin A: some great sources of vitamin A include carrots or sweet potatoes, green vegetables, fish and whole milk, etc helping in the growth of babies and combating infections.
- Vitamin D: good sources of vitamin D are cow’s milk, tuna, salmon, yogurt, etc essential for the overall health of the baby and to prevent rickets or weakening of bones.
- Omega 3: omega 3 is found in fish oil, nuts, or seeds and is essential for brain health or overall health
How Much Should A 10 Month Old Eat?
A 10 month baby diet chart should include 6 to 8 ounces of breastmilk, 4 to 5 times a day. Don’t force the baby and feed him only when he is hungry, solid foods can also be included in 2 or 3 meals a day in your 10-month-old baby food list paired and two snacks like tofu, pasta pieces, or cereals.
Since the appetite varies from baby to baby, it becomes very important to give food to them as per their hunger. Always introduce one food at a time and wait for at least three days to determine any allergic responses to a specific food.
While putting together recipes for 10 month old baby, it is very important to keep in mind that their calorie requirements for the day are being met.
As a general rule of thumb, a baby requires 100 calories/kg. Therefore, you can multiply your baby’s weight with 100 and accordingly figure out the calorie requirements.
Before sharing a 10 month old feeding chart, let us know important tips on how to feed a 10 month old baby.
Essential Tips On How To Feed Solid Food To 10 Month Old Baby Food Recipes Indian:
- Always give properly fresh cooked, soft textured and easy to digest foods. There’s no need now to puree everything.
- Now you can offer your baby, 3 main meals a day (i.e. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and in between 2 snacks time (morning and evening).
- Breast feed/ formula feed is very important and should be continued as and when required by the baby.
- You can also give finger foods (easy-to-eat pieces of food that your baby can pick up and eat by herself) like breads, pasta, cottage cheese cubes, tofu cubes, etc. Though finger foods get easily dissolved, still you need to be around them when they are having food to avoid the choking hazard.
- Don’t forcefully feed any food to your baby. Just remember every baby develops eating habits at their own speed.
- Try the foods he/she once rejected after a few days. He/she may start liking it. Sometimes the mothers feed them food repeatedly, thinking that their baby really liked it. Instead the baby gets bored of that food and hence starts rejecting it. So, feed a variety of foods and try not to repeat but do remember the 3-days wait rule too while introducing new foods. You can also incorporate new foods in a fun and exciting way to increase the chances of your baby eating them.
- Refrain your baby from watching TV, mobile phone, etc. when you are feeding anything. While feeding any food, play some innovative games or make him/her listen to a very pioneering story.
- Sterilize the baby utensils that are used for cooking and feeding.
- Be careful while feeding your baby as introduction of some solid foods can cause constipation or Diarrhea too.
- Water intake is a must for a baby.
- Feed your baby when he/she is sitting in a proper sitting position. Make your baby sit on the high chair while feeding.
Before I write down the 10-month baby food chart, let us first see the list of foods you can include and avoid in your baby’s food chart.
What Does A 10 Month Old Eat – Foods To Include In Indian Food Chart For 10 Months Old Baby:
At 10 months, you can introduce the below foods in addition to the 9 months food chart. So, here are foods you should include in a 10-month-old baby food list:
- This is a phase when you should remember “EAT A RAINBOW.” Include lots of fruits and vegetables of different colors and textures. For example, add apple, banana, oranges, mangoes, chikoo, litchi, watermelon, muskmelon, carrots, beans, peas, beetroot, potato. Avoid citrus foods.
- For snacking options to add to your diet chart for 10-month baby, you should consider vegetables and fruits the most.
- One of the best baby snacks for 10 months would be veggies and fruits.
- Now you may include all seasonal vegetables in the food chart.
- Include different grains and cereals like rice, Dalia, bread, ragi, barley, semolina (Suji), etc.
- Try to add egg yolk, chicken, and fish.
Important points to remember for feeding above mentioned foods:
- Cut the fruit into bite-sized pieces to avoid a choking hazard for the baby.
- Vegetables and food items such as chicken and fish should be properly cooked before feeding. Make sure that the meat is not raw even in the slightest before you feed them to your baby.
- Vegetables should be properly cooked before feeding. Chicken and fish should be cooked properly and should not be left raw from any side.
- Avoid processed meats like sausages, ham, and salami.
Foods To Avoid In The Indian Food Chart For 10 Months Old Baby:
Some foods pose a choking hazard and a few aren’t good for your baby’s digestive system. Here is list of some foods to be avoided in 10 month baby food chart:
- Cow’s & Soy Milk
- Uncooked Vegetables
- Caffeinated drinks/sodas
- Processed foods
- Fish with high mercury
- Very spicy foods
- Undercooked eggs
|Know the complete list of foods that are unsafe for baby by clicking on the link mentioned below : Foods unsafe for your baby (below age of 1 year)|
Now, we know what food to be included and avoided, here is 10 month baby food chart for your reference
Baby Food Recipes 10 Months – Indian Food Chart For 10 Months Old Baby:
When creating a 10-month baby diet chart, make sure that you are very meticulous with your baby’s likes, dislikes and the foods that can cause allergies. Pick those items that are easy for your baby to chew, swallow and digest. If you are hesitant about introducing certain foods then contact your paediatrician.
Here is the 10 months baby food chart with timing:
Week one of a 10 month baby food plan should include an assortment of pureed fruits and vegetables along with some finger foods. Formula milk or breast milk continues to be a major source of nutrition for your baby.
While putting together a sample menu for a baby, week two is often considered the best time to introduce new foods. You can opt for poached eggs this week to see if your child likes it or not.
You can choose the food products that your child liked the best in the past two weeks and accordingly you can choose the foods that are best to feed a 10 month old baby. You may also have the lunch ideas for 10 month old in the chart!
You should continue to have a dedicated time in your baby’s schedule to feed them breast milk or formula milk. Continue to offer a variety of finger foods and a balance of protein and other nutrients in all meals. It is also a good week to add more fruits to your 10 month baby food plan.
You can note down all the Food/ Meal recipes referred in the above four charts by clicking on the link mentioned below:
Food Chart for 10 Months Baby
Around 10 months, nutrients can be provided to the baby through various foods. For example, new foods like khichdi, dal ka pani, mashed vegetables with mashed roti, mashed banana, and juice can be added to a 10-month-old baby food chart.
The food needs to be healthy and tasty so your baby cannot resist eating it. Adding different coloured foods makes the mealtimes very vibrant and can be easier when introducing new 10 months baby food to your child. These are some of the diet charts for a 10-month-old baby; you can also try giving your baby apple rice, Ragi porridge, apple wheat porridge, apple ragi, methi khichdi, moong dal soup, potato rice, Sago carrot kheer, wheat cereal, sabudana kheer, milk oats, soft idli, sweet potato, and apple oats.
Important Tip: In addition to the food mentioned above chart, you can give light foods (fruits/vegetables/ finger foods) in between as snacks or if your baby is hungry. as and when required by the baby (when the baby feels hungry). Also, do continue Breastfeeding/ Formula milk for babies.
If your baby is rejecting certain foods, then you must stay calm. Any form of negative excitement can encourage the baby to reject the food even more. Don’t try to force-feed your baby, rather carry on with introducing other foods. When it comes to unfamiliar foods, they need some time and experience to acquire the tastes as this would be uncharted territory for them. Also, when preparing 10 months of baby food ensure it’s not very spicy, greasy, or any food that could cause choking.
We wish you and your baby health, so make sure you follow the 10-month baby diet chart according to your baby, as every baby is different and reacts differently to varying types of food.
NOTE: This 10-month baby food chart is framed to give you an idea about the food items you can include. You can make changes in timings, and according to the baby’s taste and acceptability for that particular food item, changes can be made based on the availability of the food item. Above mentioned food chart is not medical advice. Though meal times are not mandatory.
Here are some of the foods that you can imbibe in the 10 month baby diet chart.
- Whole wheat dosa or idli
- Eggs – boiled or scrambled
- Moong Dal Khichdi
- Paneer Bhurji
- Tomato Rice
- Sweet Potato Mash
- Mashed beans
- Greek yogurt/plain yogurt
- Cottage Cheese
Now, to make these yummy and nutritious dishes, you must know what you need. Here is the delicious recipe for your 10 month old baby food chart.
Khichdi is one of the most healthy Indian dishes that every Indian household ensures to feed the ‘sick’ person in the family. One of the most healthy meals for 10 month old. This also makes great food for 10 month baby India. Here are the ingredients you need:
- Toor – 1/4h Cup
- Rice – 1/4th cup
- Water- 2 ½ cups
- Oil or ghee – 1/4th teaspoon
- Tomato- diced, 1
- Jeera – 1/4th teaspoon
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Salt according to your taste
- Ginger – 1/4th inch
The first step is to clean the rice and dal separately. Rinse it thoroughly since you don’t want to disrupt the 10 month old baby diet due to unhygienic practices. Strain the water, pressure cooks the rice and dal together until you hear three whistles. Add in some turmeric.
Since this is according to the diet chart for 10 month old baby, add some more water to make the Khichdi softer. Heat ghee or oil in the pan, add cumin seeds, wait for a change in colour and then add the ginger, tomato, and asafoetida. Saute the mixture for some time before adding the rice and dal. Stir the ingredients together, add salt, and let the khichdi boil until it has lost all but some water. You want it to have some extra water to facilitate easy swallowing and digestion. Khichdi is one of the best and most nutritious dishes in the 10 months baby food chart Indian that your baby will love even when they grow up.
Mashed Sweet Potato
This is a very simple recipe to be included in a 10 month old baby food menu. The list of ingredients that shall be needed are as follows:
- Sweet Potato
- Salt to taste
- Ghee – A must have in your baby meals
To make this delicious recipe , all you have to do is boil the sweet potato and then mash it. Put the mash mixture in a pan and add some ghee to it. Add some salt and cumin powder to the mash and adjust the taste as per your baby’s preference.
Do leave a comment if you have any queries related to Indian Food Chart for 10 months old Baby.
FAQs on 10 Month Baby Food
1. What is the best food for a 10-month-old baby?
The diet chart for 10-month-old baby includes food that is tasty so they don’t hesitate to eat but gets excited by seeing the food apple wheat porridge, methi khichdi, apple ragi, moong dal soup, Sago carrot kheer, potato rice, soft idli, and apple oats. Baby apple rice, wheat cereal, Ragi porridge, milk oats, sabudana kheer, and sweet potato.
2. How much solid food can a 10-month-old baby eat?
Depending upon the 10-month baby food chart the nutritionist decides the intake of the solid food that can be consumed by the baby by keeping all the points of the child’s ability to intake it the food chart gets prepared.
3. What fruits can I give to a 10-month-old baby?
10 monthly baby diet chart has the requirement of adding fruits to diet for them to get various vitamins and minerals which includes: apples, oranges, bananas, mangoes, litchi, chikoo, watermelon, carrots, muskmelon, beans, peas, potato, beetroot, and it is advised to keep to avoid citrus fruits at this age.
4. What food should a 10-month-old body have to avoid?
A 10-month-old baby diet chart should not include cow’s milk, Nuts and uncooked vegetables. As these foods will have a problem getting digested and also Nuts could choke the child’s throat putting the child’s life at risk. So these foods should be strictly avoided in the 10 monthly baby food charts.
5. How much solid food should a 10-month-old eat?
The baby can be fed nutrition through a variety of foods starting at the age of ten months. For instance, additional foods can be added to a baby food chart that is 10 months old, such as juice, dal ka pani, mashed veggies with mashed roti, and mashed banana. The meal must be wholesome and delicious for your infant to be compelled to eat it. When introducing new 10-month baby food to your child, adding different coloured meals makes mealtimes incredibly colourful and can make it easier. You can also try giving your baby apple rice, ragi porridge, apple wheat porridge, apple ragi, methi khichdi, moong dal soup, potato rice, sago carrot kheer, wheat cereal, sabudana kheer, milk oats, soft idli, sweet potato, and apple oats. These are just a few of the diet charts for a 10-month-old baby.
6. How many times should a 10-month-old baby eat?
Breastmilk should be consumed 6 to 8 ounces, 4 to 5 times a day, according to a 10-month baby diet chart. Don’t force the baby to eat; let him eat only when he is truly hungry. Your 10-month-old baby food list can also contain two snacks—such as tofu, pasta, or cereal—along with two or three meals.
Given that every infant has a different appetite, it is crucial to feed them according to their hunger. To identify any allergic reactions to a particular food, always introduce one food at a time and give it at least three days before introducing another.
7. What can I give my 10-month-old for breakfast?
During this stage, keep in mind to “EAT A RAINBOW.” Include a wide variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Add fruit like apples, bananas, oranges, mangoes, chikoo, litchi, watermelon, muskmelon, carrots, beans, peas, beets, and potatoes, as an illustration. Eat dishes without citrus.
Vegetables and fruits should be your top priorities when choosing snacks to include in your nutrition plan for a baby who is 10 months old.
- 7 Month Baby Food Recipes - January 19, 2021
- 7 Month Baby Food Chart - January 19, 2021
- 9 Month Baby Food Chart - January 14, 2021
- 9 Month Baby Food Recipes - January 14, 2021
- 10 Month Baby Food Chart - January 14, 2021
- 8 Months Baby Food Chart for Indian - January 14, 2021
- 19 Best Indian 6 Months Baby Food - January 14, 2021
- Indian Food Chart Recipes for 8 Months old Baby - February 20, 2018
- Indian Diet Plan for 6 Months Old Baby - January 12, 2018