——————In this Article—————-
Congratulations Moms! Time passes so fast! You and your baby have turned 10 months. You might be facing the problem that your baby isn’t eating correctly as they were in previous months. However, you need not worry about this as your little one now has more curiosity in exploring new ways of playing, which is one of the 10-month milestones. This post is a must-read for all moms concerned about their 10 monthly baby food or 10-month-old baby food chart. This article discusses an Indian Food Chart for a 10-month-old baby food schedule and tips on how to feed them.
Now your baby may have started to crawl, sit confidently, understand gestures, point, and mumble to indicate their wants. These are a few of the 10-month-old milestones. So, playtime with them shall be becoming more joyful now. But when it comes to food, most babies are fussy eaters. Thus, introduce/offer the foods in a very playful manner so that the mealtime also becomes another pleasure time.
For a 10-month-old infant, you can provide three meals and one optional snack each day, including finger food or another small snack. Breastfeeding or formula feeding should be used for the rest of the time. Choose meal and snack times based on your baby’s tastes. It is time you feed your baby something healthy and tasty at the same time to tickle with their taste buds. Don’t force your baby to eat as each baby has its own pace of adopting food habits.
Nutrient Requirements Of 10-Month-Old Baby:
Focus on vitamins and minerals when it comes to the food choices for your baby. Nutrients that are required majorly for a 10-month-old baby are:
- Iron: it is commonly found in green vegetables, beans, tofu, etc playing a crucial part in the good health or development of the baby. around 11 mg of iron is needed per day for a 10-month-old baby.
- Zinc: it is commonly found in pumpkin seeds, lentils, spinach, asparagus, and yogurt being vital for the growth of reproductive organs and the brain.
- Vitamin C: it is found majorly in fruits like strawberry, papaya, kiwi, broccoli, and vegetables.
- Vitamin A: some great sources of vitamin A include carrots or sweet potatoes, green vegetables, fish and whole milk, etc helping in the growth of babies and combating infections.
- Vitamin D: good sources of vitamin D are cow’s milk, tuna, salmon, yogurt, etc essential for the overall health of the baby and to prevent rickets or weakening of bones.
- Omega 3: omega 3 is found in fish oil, nuts, or seeds and is essential for brain health or overall health
How Much Should A 10 Month Old Eat?
A 10 month baby diet chart should include 6 to 8 ounces of breastmilk, 4 to 5 times a day. Don’t force the baby and feed him only when he is hungry, solid foods can also be included in 2 or 3 meals a day and two snacks like tofu, pasta pieces, or cereals.
Since the appetite varies from baby to baby, it becomes very important to give food to them as per their hunger. Always introduce one food at a time and wait for at least three days to determine any allergic responses to a specific food.
Before sharing a 10 month old feeding chart, let us know important tips on how to feed a 10 month old baby.
Essential Tips On How To Feed Solid Food To 10 Month Old Baby Food Recipes Indian:
- Always give properly fresh cooked, soft textured and easy to digest foods. There’s no need now to puree everything.
- Now you can offer your baby, 3 main meals a day (i.e. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and in between 2 snacks time (morning and evening).
- Breast feed/ formula feed is very important and should be continued as and when required by the baby.
- You can also give finger foods (easy-to-eat pieces of food that your baby can pick up and eat by herself) like breads, pasta, cottage cheese cubes, tofu cubes, etc. Though finger foods get easily dissolved, still you need to be around them when they are having food to avoid the choking hazard.
- Don’t forcefully feed any food to your baby. Just remember every baby develops eating habits at their own speed.
- Try the foods he/she once rejected after a few days. He/she may start liking it. Sometimes the mothers feed them food repeatedly, thinking that their baby really liked it. Instead the baby gets bored of that food and hence starts rejecting it. So, feed a variety of foods and try not to repeat but do remember the 3-days wait rule too while introducing new foods.
- Refrain your baby from watching TV, mobile phone, etc. when you are feeding anything. While feeding any food, play some innovative games or make him/her listen to a very pioneering story.
- Sterilize the baby utensils that are used for cooking and feeding.
- Be careful while feeding your baby as introduction of some solid foods can cause constipation or Diarrhea too.
- Water intake is a must for a baby.
- Feed your baby when he/she is sitting in a proper sitting position. Make your baby sit on the high chair while feeding.
Before I write down the 10-month baby food chart, let us first see the list of foods you can include and avoid in your baby’s food chart.
What Does A 10 Month Old Eat – Foods To Include In Indian Food Chart For 10 Months Old Baby:
At 10 months, you can introduce the below foods in addition to the 9 months food chart. So, here is the list of foods you may include in 10 month baby food chart:
- This is a phase when you should remember “EAT A RAINBOW.” Include lots of fruits and vegetables of different colors and textures. For example, add apple, banana, oranges, mangoes, chikoo, litchi, watermelon, muskmelon, carrots, beans, peas, beetroot, potato. Avoid citrus foods.
- One of the best baby snacks for 10 months would be veggies and fruits.
- Now you may include all seasonal vegetables in the food chart.
- Include different grains and cereals like rice, Dalia, bread, ragi, barley, semolina (Suji), etc.
- Try to add egg yolk, chicken, and fish.
Important points to remember for feeding above mentioned foods:
- Cut the fruit into small pieces as it can cause choking to the baby.
- Vegetables should be properly cooked before feeding. Chicken and fish should be cooked properly and should not be left raw from any side.
- Avoid processed meats like sausages, ham, and salami.
Foods To Avoid In The Indian Food Chart For 10 Months Old Baby:
Some foods pose a choking hazard and a few aren’t good for your baby’s digestive system. Here is list of some foods to be avoided in 10 month baby food chart:
- Cow’s & Soy Milk
- Uncooked Vegetables
|Know the complete list of foods that are unsafe for baby by clicking on the link mentioned below : Foods unsafe for your baby (below age of 1 year)|
Now, we know what food to be included and avoided, here is 10 month baby food chart for your reference
Baby Food Recipes 10 Months – Indian Food Chart For 10 Months Old Baby:
You can note down all the Food/ Meal recipes referred in the above four charts by clicking on the link mentioned below:
New 10 Month Baby Diet Chart Recipies:
Around 10 months, nutrients can be provided to the baby through various foods. For example, new foods like khichdi, dal ka pani, mashed vegetables with mashed roti, mashed banana, and juice can be added to a 10-month-old baby food chart.
The food needs to be healthy and tasty so your baby cannot resist eating it. These are some of the diet charts for a 10-month-old baby; you can also try giving your baby apple rice, Ragi porridge, apple wheat porridge, apple ragi, methi khichdi, moong dal soup, potato rice, Sago carrot kheer, wheat cereal, sabudana kheer, milk oats, soft idli, sweet potato, and apple oats.
Important Tip: In addition to the food mentioned above chart, you can give light foods (fruits/vegetables/ finger foods) in between as and when required by the baby (when the baby feels hungry). Also, do continue Breastfeeding/ Formula milk for babies.
Ensure that you follow the diet and note down new ingredients to look out for any allergies your baby might have. If your baby does not eat the food you offer, it is vital to stay patient with the process and constantly offer different foods as the baby needs to develop its taste buds. Also, make sure when you are trying to give your baby this food, you do not make it very spicy, greasy, or any food that could cause choking.
We wish you and your baby health, so make sure you follow the 10-month baby diet chart according to your baby, as every baby is different and reacts differently to varying types of food.
NOTE: This 10-month baby food chart is framed to give you an idea about the food items you can include. You can make changes in timings, and according to the baby’s taste and acceptability for that particular food item, changes can be made based on the availability of the food item. Above mentioned food chart is not medical advice. Though meal times are not mandatory.
Do leave a comment if you have any query related to Indian Food Chart for 10 months old Baby.
- 7 Month Baby Food Recipes - January 19, 2021
- 7 Month Baby Food Chart - January 19, 2021
- 9 Month Baby Food Chart - January 14, 2021
- 9 Month Baby Food Recipes - January 14, 2021
- 10 Month Baby Food Chart - January 14, 2021
- 8 Months Baby Food Chart for Indian - January 14, 2021
- 15 Best Indian 6 Months Baby Food - January 14, 2021
- Indian Food Chart Recipes for 8 Months old Baby - February 20, 2018
- Indian Diet Plan for 6 Months Old Baby - January 12, 2018