Is Frequent Urination in Children Cause for Worry?
Yes, if your child complains of frequent urination, it is important to take this concern seriously. Yes, it might be true that some kids are may purposefully urinate to get more attention, and yes also that happens when the mother devotes more time and focus to a younger sibling or her work. This attentions seeking behavior, thankfully, occurs in rare cases, and you can correct it with your parenting skills.
A frequent urination, on the other hand, is usually due to an underlying health issue and it requires medical evaluation and intervention. UTIs remain that the primary reason for frequent urination, but there are several other causes.
One of the symptoms of a urinary tract infection is frequent urination, an accompanied by pain while urinating, burning sensation, fever, and abdominal pain. Kids are prone to UTIs, particularly girls, as they haven’t learned to squat in public toilets. They also, improper cleaning after a bowel movement (back to front instead of front to back) can cause rectal bacteria to migrate into the urethra and bladder, leading to infection.
Frequent urination is often indicative of an underlying a medical condition that needs medical treatment. This is the reason in most of the cases; frequency in urination comes with other symptoms that allow a doctor to perform the differential diagnosis.
These other symptoms may include burning sensation while passing urine, pain while urinating, fever, abdominal pain, and urgent need to urinate. There may also be a change in the appearance of the urine. The urine may appear cloudy and have an odor.
There could also be cases of bed wetting, sudden weight loss or unexplained thirst. These symptoms indicate that the frequent urination needs a proper diagnosis and treatment.
For more information, you may leave your comment in a comment box below:
you may also read:
Frequent Urination in Children Cause for Worry
- 5 Financial Lessons I Learnt From My Mother - May 17, 2023
- 7 Ways To Encourage Your Child’s Participation In Household Chores - April 21, 2023
- Foods That Should Be Taken By Moms Who Need To Increase Breast Milk - March 2, 2023
- A Good Gift For Mom - January 13, 2023
- 5 Awesome Toys That Will Keep Your Child Active & On The Move - December 29, 2022
- Role of Parents in School Management - December 1, 2022
- 4 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before You Seek Out Adoption - October 31, 2022
- What Are The Top 10 Upcoming Trends For Women To Wear In 2023? - October 7, 2022
- 10 Amazing Board Books That Kids Adore - September 27, 2022
- Why the latest design trend of temporary wallpaper is amazing - May 12, 2022