A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 12
By Pregnancy week 12, your baby’s almost every organ (except for few, as they are still in developing and maturing stage) is developed and functioning properly.
You’re 12 weeks pregnant. This is something good to feel that gradually the weeks are passing and you’re getting closer to your delivery date and there will be a beautiful moment when you will be holding your baby in your arms.
You are almost going to complete your first three months of your pregnancy. Now, you must be eager to know about your fetal development, your body changes, moods and symptoms and along with what to do and what not to do in this week. So common, let us go through this guide.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Excited to know when your baby will arrive? |
Use Budding Star’s Pregnancy Due Date Calculator to know this by entering the first day of your last menstrual period.
Note: Pregnancy is measured from the first day of your last menstrual period.
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 12:
In Pregnancy week 12:
- Size of baby – 2.13 inches (5.4 cm)
- Weight of baby – 0.49 ounce (14 grams)
- Baby is as big as a Plum.
As compared to the previous week 11, the size of the baby and the weight has been doubled. You may get noticed with your baby bump. Your baby has completely developed his/her major body organs.
- Your baby’s brain is developing very fast.
- The most important part of this week is now your baby is developing his/her reflexes. Reflexes are an action that is performed as a response to a something. So, for the next time, when you go for an ultrasound sonography then gently press your tummy, you will be able to see your baby’s response to your action.
- Secondly, your baby can do sucking movement. Amazing, right? The kidneys have also started functioning completely excreting urine to his/her bladder.
- The eyes and ears are coming to their respective position. Previously eyes were on the sides, now they are coming to the center.
- Your baby’s intestines have moved into his/her abdomen so that the digestion process can be practiced. The bone marrow has started producing white blood cells (or leucocytes), which are helpful and important to develop an immune system for the body.
[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Would-Be Momma, decided your baby’s name?
Click on the link mentioned below to get unique names of boys and girls (with meaning) according to their Zodiac sign and Rashi.
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 12:
Let us know what will be your body changes, mood and symptoms during 12-weeks of pregnancy.
- Your belly is expanding its size week by week. Although your bump is not much to show off, your womb has started pushing itself from your pelvic bone to your lower abdomen.
- Heartburn – You may also feel heartburn or acid indigestion which is often felt at the bottom of your breastbone if this is your first pregnancy. To get rid of this acidic indigestion, you should drink plenty of water and should also consult with your gynecologist to get proper medications.
- As the first trimester is near about to end, you will see the difficulties and symptoms which were related to hormonal change is gradually decreasing. For this reason, you may now feel that morning sickness and fatigue is getting calm down.
- Headaches and Dizziness – However, you may start getting Headaches and dizziness which are the causes of low blood sugar levels.
|Looking for Remedies for Headache during Pregnancy? Read “Headache during Pregnancy – Causes, Tips and Remedies”|
- Vaginal Discharge – There may be a white colored discharge from your vagina which is important for your pregnancy as it protects your vagina from any sort of infection like yeast infection which is quite common during pregnancy. But if you notice any discharge which is yellow, brown, pink or even greenish in color, then please contact your doctor as soon as possible as it may be a sign of infection or even a preterm labor.
- Skin Pigmentation – You may start noticing some dark spots appearing on your forehead and cheeks. This is called Skin pigmentation, which causes due to the change in hormones. This condition is also known as ‘melasma’. This skin pigmentation is experienced by half of the pregnant women.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Worried about stretch marks during pregnancy? |
Read Belly Skin Care During Pregnancy to prevent stretch marks.
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 12:
- Due to the pregnancy, you must be gaining weight; therefore, you should be more careful and attentive in your diet. Please remember too much weight gain is also not good, as it can lead to gestational diabetes, high blood pressure and other pregnancy-related complication. Eat healthy and nutritionally balanced diet and do not skip any meal. By the term balanced diet, it means that your body should get all vital nutrients that are needed to support your pregnancy. To get proper nutrition from your daily diet, you should intake fresh fruits and fresh vegetables.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”]”Read “Diet During Pregnancy” to get the best foods for pregnancy and know how these foods will benefit you and your baby.|
- As your skin has become more sensitive now and becoming pigmented, you can apply sunscreen lotion with SPF 15 or higher whenever you’re outside.
- Keep continuing your prenatal vitamins with Folic acid (400 mcg) every day.
- Practice Yoga or an exercise. According to American Medical Association, ‘pregnant women who perform Kegel Exercise often find they have an easier birth.’ Yoga is good for fetal health and it also keeps you away from stress and exertion.
- Do not follow unhealthy habits, like smoking, drinking alcohol or chewing tobacco. They are not only injurious to you but also harmful to your fetal growth.
- Also, do not involve yourself in any high-risk activity. The activities like running, jumping or dancing should be avoided.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins from the body. It will keep you hydrated and energetic.
- If you are suffering from your lower back, you can buy a body pillow. This pain is caused by the increasing weight of your uterus, which puts pressure on your pelvic.
- Last but not the least; do not forget to take medicines prescribed by your doctor.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
- Is it safe to take medicines for cold and cough during pregnancy?
Ans: According to medicine experts, during pregnancy none of the medicines should be taken without a proper consultation with the doctor. Since the ingredients of these medicines are the combination of several drugs which may not be good for the fetus, therefore, proper check with the doctor and the consumption of correct dosage is highly advised.
- Is it safe to fly during pregnancy?
Ans: Yes, it is safe unless and until it has some complications or you have approached your due date of delivery. However, it is always good if you discuss your travel plans with your doctor sufficient time before traveling.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”] Is it safe to travel by train during first trimester? Read Traveling by train during Pregnancy to clear your doubts.|
To- Be Moms, you are the most beautiful person on earth when you experience pregnancy related physical changes. Beauty does not comprise of petite figure only. And wait nowadays pregnancy is glamourised. Go shop the new maternity range and flaunt your happiness.
Click on the links mentioned below to get the best variety of Maternity wear from Amazon
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 12:
- Why the latest design trend of temporary wallpaper is amazing - May 12, 2022
- Advantages Of CBSE Board For Better Chances In Future - March 13, 2022
- Highly Effective Ways to Motivate Learning in Online Classes - March 7, 2022
- 10 Amazing Board Books That Kids Adore - December 24, 2021
- What is the Difference between a Doula, a Midwife, and a Maternity Nurse? - November 5, 2021
- IVF Process & Benefits- Explained By Best IVF Doctor In Mumbai - August 14, 2021
- Tips On How To Balance Family Commitments With Nursing School - June 12, 2021
- Why Homeschooling Is Best For Your Kids - May 29, 2021
- Factors To Consider While Finalizing The School For Special Children - May 29, 2021
- Guide To Pick The Best Educational Toys For Kids - May 29, 2021