A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 15
By Pregnancy week 15, the position of your uterus would be 10-12 cm under your belly button, so you may be able to feel this change.
(Although changes in the size of the stomach cannot be seen by others.)
Pregnancy is a journey of several changes and bypassing all changes you’ve now reached to your 15th weeks of pregnancy. Feeling good? We are sure you must be. Though the news of pregnancy has reached up to you a few weeks back and you were dealing with the early symptoms of pregnancy which were quite stressful but now it is a time to completely relax and take rest. Do not worry much, as this time will pass soon.
[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Worried about stretch marks during Pregnancy?
Read Belly Skin care during Pregnancy for more information.
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 15:
In Pregnancy week 15:
- Size of baby – 3.98 inches (10.1 cm)
- Weight of baby – 2.47 ounces (70 grams)
- Baby is as big as a Navel Orange.
Your baby’s ears are continually developing externally and seem to be more recognizable. Your baby’s eyes and nose are moving towards their respective position. The greatest achievement of this week is the formation of the three bones in your baby’s ear. Your baby will start listening to you from next week. Your baby’s backbones and muscles are developed now and they are strong enough to allow your baby to straighten his head and neck.
There would be a growth of eyelashes and eyebrows too. The skin is still translucent and the blood vessels can be seen. By this week, legs will grow longer than arms.
Pic courtesy: www.slideplayer.com
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Get the list of unique names of boys and girls (with meaning) according to their Zodiac sign and Rashi. Here is the list- Indian Baby Modern Names|
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 15:
The common symptoms and body changes during the 15th week of pregnancy are being discussed below:
- Acidity and indigestion – Acidity is a most common symptom during the pregnancy and this is being suffered by most of the pregnant women. Acidity or heartburn is caused due to the relaxation of the muscles and stomach valve which keeps the acid out of the esophagus (a muscular tube connecting the throat to the stomach). Therefore, the acid formation is common during pregnancy. However, there are some over-the-counter medicines available to treat acidity or indigestion during pregnancy, but a consultation with a doctor is always good to rule out the complications.
- Faintness – Feeling light-headed or dizzy is a very common symptom during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is caused due to the change in blood sugar levels. If you feel faint anytime, then sit any nearby place for some time. Talk to your obstetrician about this symptom to get a reliable method to handle this symptom.
- Cramps and pain in ligament – The pain in ligament and cramp occur due to the growing weight of your fetus. The ligament is a fibrous tissue which connects two bones. If in case, you feel unbearable pain or cramps then speak to your doctor.
- Varicose Veins – This is due to the increased blood circulation in your body during pregnancy. This is a normal symptom during the second trimester.
- Swollen Gums – This is again a very common symptom in the 15th week of pregnancy. Your gums have become more sensitive now, so take a very good care of them.
[icon type=”icon-lamp”] Headaches is something most disturbing state of pregnancy which can even lead severe blood pressure related issues. So, whats the remedy? Obviously, a big NO to heavy doses of painkillers.
Remedy- Pamper yourself with Aroma Therapy.
Easy mantra to be free from Headache during Pregnancy- “Stay happy, Sleep well, Eat well”.
Read more about Remedies for Headache during Pregnancy.
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 15:
- Many women do ask for the sleeping position. It is good and advisable to sleep on your sides. You can use some extra pillows for being comfortable. Sleeping on your back can give pressure on a lower backbone, so how far it is possible; avoid sleeping on your back for prolonged hours.
- Follow the healthy habits during your pregnancy which you were following since past couple of weeks. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Your meal time should be a happy time. You can try the different type of nutritious food. Increase your calcium and protein diet as these nutrients are very vital for the proper growth of your baby. Iron is also an important nutrient which helps in the formation of connective tissues in your baby. The best source of iron is consumption of dates.
- Do take proper care of yourself. Maintain the basic hygiene in and around of your living.
- Spend some time in reading good books or novels or even watching baby movies. If possible, keep yourself away from horror or violence-based movie, as this is not considered to be good for the baby.
- Don’t sit or stand continuously for long time as it can cause swelling on your feet. Don’t stand continuously even for 10-15 minutes. Take a rest, then continue and repeat like this.
- Continue with the Folic Acid (600 mcg in second trimester) every day.
- Do not take stress. Try to eliminate stress-inducing factors that may be within your control. Stress management can help you to deal with the challenges of labor and parenting.
- You can practice yoga and prenatal exercise to remain healthy and energetic.
Most important tip is to “Stay Happy and Sleep Well”. This is a very beautiful journey so just make amazing memories with your partner.
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 15:
- 4 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before You Seek Out Adoption - October 31, 2022
- What Are The Top 10 Upcoming Trends For Women To Wear In 2023? - October 7, 2022
- 10 Amazing Board Books That Kids Adore - September 27, 2022
- Why the latest design trend of temporary wallpaper is amazing - May 12, 2022
- Advantages Of CBSE Board For Better Chances In Future - March 13, 2022
- Highly Effective Ways to Motivate Learning in Online Classes - March 7, 2022
- What is the Difference between a Doula, a Midwife, and a Maternity Nurse? - November 5, 2021
- IVF Process & Benefits- Explained By Best IVF Doctor In Mumbai - August 14, 2021
- Tips On How To Balance Family Commitments With Nursing School - June 12, 2021
- Why Homeschooling Is Best For Your Kids - May 29, 2021