A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 2
When you are pregnant with 2 weeks, then you are not pregnant. Pregnancy week 2 is an ovulating week.
(When you will come to know about your pregnancy, you would be probably around 4 weeks pregnant or may be 5 weeks pregnant.)
Once the menstrual cycle is over, a new ovum/egg starts forming which results in Ovulation during this week. Ovulation is a time when a mature egg is released from an ovary, pushed down via fallopian tube and is available to be fertilized. It is important to know your Ovulation Period as the best possible time of getting pregnant fast is around ovulation.
Two days before ovulation and two days after ovulation is the best possible time for you to conceive. (It is considered best possible time because ovum/egg survives for 48 hours i.e. 2 days and sperms survive for 72 hours i.e. 3 days). This is the reason this period is called “the fertile window” period/days. So, if you will have sex with your partner during this phase i.e. fertile window period/days, there are chances of meeting an egg with your partner’s sperm and the fertilization will happen and thus you will conceive. Thus, track your fertile days and get to work as you have a baby to make!
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”] Don’t know when you ovulate and your fertile days? Use Budding Star’s Ovulation Calculator to know this by entering the first day of your last period & length of your cycle- Ovulation Calculator|
Note: If you are still not able to calculate your fertile days (due to irregular menstrual cycle), try to have sex every other day during the second and third weeks of your menstrual cycle. It is best to try every alternate day for maximum benefit as formation of good quality sperms takes 2 days.
|If you are in the second week of your cycle and trying to conceive, the below mentioned link tips will really be helpful to make you conceive easily and naturally.|
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 2:
Pregnancy week 2 is an ovulating week. In this week i.e. during ovulation, an egg/ovum is released from the ovary and passes through the Fallopian tube (where an ovum will meet the sperm in coming week and the fertilization will occur in the Fallopian tube).
Note: A healthy ovum requires an adequate size i.e. 16mm-20mm which will further results in healthy zygote. This in further lead to healthy pregnancy and chances of abortion are decreased.
In week 2, the uterine lining also gets thicken due to an increased level of estrogen and progesterone hormones.
So, in this week although you are not pregnant, you are about to complete the ovulation stage and going ahead towards the fertilization of an egg by a sperm.
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 2:
In 2nd week, there is no specific change in mood, but there are some symptoms of ovulation which can give you the clue to make love and hopefully conceive a baby.
If you are not able to calculate when you ovulate and your fertile days, please check the following signs and symptoms which indicate that you are ovulating:
- The cervical mucus (or the vaginal discharge) will become very thin and transparent like ‘an egg white’.
- Breast soreness or tenderness due to the hormonal change.
- You may feel a slight pelvic ache.
- Around the time of ovulation, you may observe a light spot due to an increased level of estrogen hormones.
- You may feel more sexually aroused and active.
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 2:
During the week 2 of the most probable pregnancy, it is very important to make some necessary changes in your lifestyle so that you can expect something good. The following table of Do’s and Don’ts i.e. important tips for Pregnancy week 2 will help you to understand better:
|Track your ovulation and fertile days as this is ovulating week. Use our Budding Star ovulation calculator.||Unfollow unhealthy habits like smoking, drinking and excessive intake of caffeine.|
|Make love every other day, as you are near to your fertile days.||Do not take stress or any exertion (Applies to both).|
|Follow a happy and healthy living by practicing yoga or exercise.||Do not take over the counter (OTC) medicines as every medicine is not safe during pregnancy.|
|It is recommended to take prenatal vitamin along with Folic acid (400 mcg recommended) every day.|
|Eat balanced and nutritional diet.|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Do eating citrus fruits affect ovulation?
Ans: No, eating of citrus fruits will not affect your ovulation neither your pregnancy. The citrus fruits including oranges, strawberry, raspberry, kiwi, broccoli, Tomato, Capsicum, etc. are one of the best sources of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is needed to boost our immunity system of our body. Vitamin C gives relief from stress too. Vitamin C is also needed for the growth, development and the repair of our body tissues.
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 2:
- The Bare Essentials: School Supplies 2019 - September 10, 2019
- Seven Tips to Help Single Parents Make the Most of Their Money - September 6, 2019
- 5 Reasons to Study Design Strategy & Management - August 27, 2019
- How to Enjoy and Prepare for IAS Entrance Exams - August 26, 2019
- 5 Things to Consider before Beginning IVF Treatment - August 21, 2019
- 7 Tips to Make This School Year Successful - July 21, 2019
- A Few Tips to Remember While Buying TV Cabinet Designs - July 17, 2019
- Luxury Watches are Exclusive Timepieces that Need Proper Maintenance to Tick for Long - June 6, 2019
- Some Low Cost Hair Styling Products to Prevent Hair Thinning - June 2, 2019
- Off-the-Wall Courses in Design for Generation Z - May 29, 2019