A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 3
Congratulations! You have made a baby. Finally, the moment has arrived, you have been waiting for…!!
As in the previous week, ovulation occurred. (Ovulation is a time when a mature egg/ovum is released from an ovary, pushed down via Fallopian tube and is available to be fertilized by meeting a sperm). Now your partner’s sperm will meet your ovum and the fertilization will occur. If this is successful then you are Pregnant! So, from this week on wards, your baby will start to form. You have conceived.
The surprising fact is out of millions of sperms only one sperm can meet an egg/ovum. The meeting of sperm and ovum is necessary to fertilize further.
Note: Once the sperm is able to fertilize an egg, Pregnancy starts.
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 3:
It takes nearly about 10 to 30 hours to get an egg fertilized by merging with sperm’s nucleus and get transformed into a genetic material. Once an egg gets fertilized, it is to be known as ‘zygote’. (For healthy zygote your ovum should be of an adequate size i.e. 16mm-20mm. This in further lead to healthy pregnancy and chances of abortion are decreased.)
Within the hours of fertilization, a zygote, moves from Fallopian tube to a uterus. This zygote is now divided into 16 identical cells. These cells are somewhere yellowish in color and are known as Corpus Luteum. These cells will produce required pregnancy hormones which are progesterone and estrogen to support your pregnancy till more ten weeks, till the placenta is completely formed.
In Pregnancy week 3:
- Size of baby- 0.01 inches (0.25 mm)
- Weight of baby- Still too small to weigh
- Baby is like a Pinhead and to be termed as Blastocyst.
The movement from Fallopian tube to the uterus can take six days, hence implantation starts from the 4th week. From here, the middle of the cell will become embryo and amniotic sac. The outer part of the cell mass will turn into placenta.
Note: Please remember, the baby is a boy or girl, the whole thing depends upon the sperm of a male partner. If the sperm carries a ‘Y’ chromosome, then you will deliver a baby boy, but if the sperm carries an ‘X’ chromosome then you will give birth to baby girl.
Image courtesy: http://birthliteracy.com
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 3:
When you are 3 weeks pregnant, you may not see or observe any specific symptom because in early stage of pregnancy the level of progesterone and estrogen are not that enough to give you the visible changes. However, you may check for the following symptoms:
- Change in the sense of smell – This is due to an increased level of estrogen. Therefore, a minute level of smell will appear to be a huge to your senses. This can be an early sign which indicates that your body is getting ready to carry a baby. This symptom will continue for few weeks followed by morning sickness.
- Change in taste – This may be due to the changing hormones in your body. This may continue till 24 weeks of pregnancy and hence sipping lemonade will help you to handle this change.
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 3:
Once you have started noticing any visible symptoms or signs, start following some do’s and don’ts (important tips for Pregnancy week 3) so that you can cross implantation phase successfully.
|Start taking some extra Protein rich diet which helps the embryo to grow. Stay Happy To-be Mom!||Do not take stress or exertion.|
|Start enough Calcium intakes also. You can consume yogurt or any prescribed calcium supplement too (Natural Preparation are preferred in 1-3 months of pregnancy).||Do not follow any unhealthy eating habits like drinking, smoking and excessive intake of caffeine.|
|Continue Prenatal vitamin with Folic acid (400 mcg) every day.||*Do not take over the counter (OTC) medicines except Paracetamol. (Over-dosage of Paracetamol is also not recommended.)|
|Follow healthy and nutritionally balanced diet.|
|Stay hydrated. Your water intake must be at least 3 litres in a day.|
Note: *Do not take over the counter (OTC) medicines except Paracetamol. In case of emergency, consult your doctor before consuming any medicine. Some medications in pregnancy are safe and some are not. Please never hesitate to take advise from your doctor.
|Confused about what to eat when you are pregnant? A healthful diet for pregnancy is one that contains most or all the essential nutrients your body needs. Read “Diet During Pregnancy” to get the best foods for pregnancy and know how these foods will benefit you and your baby.|
Remember, if you become successful in conceiving during this period, then it will take two weeks more to show you the positive pregnancy test result.
Note: Remember Pregnancy is measured starting with the first day of your last menstrual period.
Take very good care of yourself! You are blessed and pregnancy will be the most beautiful experience of your life. Live it wonderfully…!!
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 3:
- Everything You Want To Know About The Sims 4 Pregnancy Mods - April 13, 2021
- 5 Things to Consider before Beginning IVF Treatment - April 13, 2021
- Top 18 Symptoms of Baby Girl During Pregnancy - April 3, 2021
- Top 17 Symptoms of Baby Boy During Pregnancy - March 27, 2021
- Do This One Thing To Take Care Of Your Child’s Education Expenses - March 26, 2021
- Tips to Raise a Confident Public Speaker - March 25, 2021
- The Impact Of International Schools Is Growing – Here’s Why - February 24, 2021
- How To Choose A Suitable Life Insurance Policy As A New Dad - February 24, 2021
- What You Need to Know When Hiring A Wedding Photographer - February 5, 2021
- 12 Best High Chairs for Babies in India - January 20, 2021