A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 6
In Pregnancy week 6, your baby’s nose, ears, eyes, nostrils and mouth have started to come in shape. Your little one is about the size of Sweet Pea.
This week will show up the major development of your fetus and major formation of body parts. The baby’s face will develop by this week.
Six-weeks pregnant means that you are one month and about one week pregnant. Even though you got this news probably in week 5, that too when you missed your periods. You got to know late as you may have conceived in week 2 or week 3 (depending on the duration of your menstrual cycle).
Note: Remember Pregnancy is measured starting with the first day of your last menstrual period.
|To-Be Mom! Eager to find out when you will be able to look at tiny angel’s eyes and talk, when those small fingers will cling on to her, when will the baby cry for hunger or to seek attention? Use Budding Star’s Pregnancy Due Date Calculator to know when your baby will arrive by entering the first day of your last period.|
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 6:
In Pregnancy week 6:
- Size of baby/embryo – 0.25 inches (around 4-7 mm)
- Weight of baby – less than 1 gram
- Baby is about the size of Sweet Pea.
To-Be Moms the above size will be doubled next week…!! Excited??
- The body parts like nose, ears, eyes, nostrils and mouth have started to come in shape.
- You may see your baby’s over sized head with two emerging marks on the sides, they are the ears.
- His arms and legs are also in their developing stages which are showing like a bud.
- The spinal cord resembles a tail but it will develop soon.
- The heartbeat count will come around 100 to 160 times a minute, which is near about double to your heartbeat rate.
- The blood circulation, the formation of intestines and lungs and the functioning of the pituitary gland is on its course.
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 6:
Let us know what will be your mood and symptoms during six-week pregnancy.
- Frequent urination – You will find that your kidneys have become more functioning. This is due to the conception because in this phase the blood volume increases and becomes more dilute so that it can easily circulate through the embryo and whole body. So, due to extra volume of blood, the kidneys produce more urine. This frequent urination symptom continues till 16 weeks. Passing urine frequently can also be the reason for uterus pressure on the bladder.
- Tender breasts – You will feel that your breasts are getting bigger in size and the areola (the pigmented area around the nipple) has become darker than usual. This tenderness and soreness usually happens during this week of pregnancy and continues till the second trimester. It is due to an increase in progesterone levels.
- Tiredness/ fatigue – As the baby is growing inside this is obvious to feel tired and exhausted with the minimal task. Don’t get worried about it. The most important thing is not to take much stress and exertion. Do your work slowly. You can join a yoga class- this will help you to release your stress and you will feel healthy. Take a small nap in afternoon so that body can rest.
- Morning Sickness – This can be in a form of nausea, food aversions and vomiting. You will feel physically tired and weak. But don’t worry, this morning sickness continues until first trimester and afterward, it gets normalized. Please speak to your doctor about this, so that she can guide you well to treat this morning sickness effectively.
- Gas and Bloating – You may notice that your old clothes are not coming fit to your waistline. Though your belly is not out that much. This is due to an increased level of progesterone in your body which can also cause stomach troubles. Drink plenty of water, liquids and eat fibre rich food to stay away from constipation.
- Mood swings – This happens during the early stage of pregnancy and continues till the 10th week of pregnancy. It can be due to the stress, fatigue or the changes in hormones. This symptom may arise again in the third trimester.
- Cramps and spotting – Both are normal at this stage. But if the abdominal pain is very stronger than your period cramps or if bleeding is quite high like a period, then it is recommended to call/meet your doctor immediately. In this week there are high chances of miscarriage also. So, be cautious. But don’t panic at all.
|Suffering from Constipation during Pregnancy? Looking for Home Remedies? |
Remedy- Take 10 Currant (Munakka) and boil with 1 glass milk. Now eat these Currants and drink that milk at night before going to sleep. You can repeat it for 2-3 days for chronic constipation.
Read more such effective Home Remedies for Constipation During Pregnancy.
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 6:
Your life is changing drastically with the passage of each week. So, it is very important to follow some do’s and don’ts (important tips for Pregnancy week 6) to lead a healthy pregnancy. Please follow the following chart:
Do make an appointment with your gynecologist and follow her instructions carefully.
Stop eating certain sea food as few of them are allergic in nature.
Keep continuing your prenatal vitamins with Folic acid (400 mcg) every day. (In case you are overweight or diabetic or carrying twins or in previous pregnancy the baby had Neural Tube defect (NTD), then the amount of folic acid given by your doctor is relatively different.)
Do not eat or drink any unhealthy food or uncooked items and unpasteurized milk. Stop having fish with high levels of mercury. Don’t skip any meal.
Drink plenty of water and fluids to stay hydrated and avoid constipation.
Do not eat any medicine which is not prescribed by your doctor. In case of emergency, consult your doctor before consuming any medicine.
Practice yoga or prenatal exercise.
Stop consuming alcohol, chewing tobacco, smoking and excessive intake of caffeine. Be in safe surroundings too.
Eat nutritionally balanced and healthy diet.
Do not take stress and exertion.
Take iron and calcium supplements. You can consult your gynecologist for the same.
Don’t pull or push heavy objects. Don’t carry your elder baby (if you have). It can lead to lower abdominal pain.
You can have soaked almonds (just 5-6). (Keep 5-6 almonds in the bowl having water in night. Then have that soaked almonds in the morning.)
Don’t consume Dry fruits.
Take small nap in afternoon so that your body can take rest.
Note: It’s a new journey for you and your partner, so please never hesitate to take advise from your doctor.
Remember you are nurturing one more soul within yourself. So, take very good care of yourself! Spend quality time with your husband and family. Start financial planning as one of the most important fact that is associated with new parenthood, is being responsible financially.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- What if the medicine prescribed by the doctor itself does not suit me?
Ans: You can ask your obstetrician to change the medicine. Do not continue any medicine which is not suitable for you or showing side effects on you.
- Can I eat Papaya during pregnancy?
Ans: If you are pregnant or trying to conceive, then it is advisable not to eat unripe papaya. An unripe papaya contains a substance called ‘Latex’ which is not good for the embryo or fetus. There is no proven facts or studies related to ripe papaya. However, papaya is said to be forbidden during pregnancy.
- Is it safe to have sex during pregnancy?
Ans: In most of the cases, yes, it is safe to have sex during pregnancy. However, there are certain situations or complications in pregnancy where you should avoid having sex with your partner. Feel free to discuss it with your doctor.
You may be interested in joining Facebook closed group only for Moms and To-be Mom’s to share your experiences and queries.
Here’s the link and be a part of it : https://www.facebook.com/groups/parentingmomstyle/
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 6:
- Easy Ways to Make Math Interesting for Kids - May 29, 2020
- How to Get Rid of Dry and Dull Lips Naturally - April 2, 2020
- Top 15 Symptoms of Baby Girl During Pregnancy - March 28, 2020
- Top 15 Symptoms of Baby Boy During Pregnancy - March 27, 2020
- Everything You Want To Know About The Sims 4 Pregnancy Mods - March 18, 2020
- Role of Social Class in Parenting - January 7, 2020
- Fostering- A Form of Employment with Human Touch - November 9, 2019
- Everything You Need To Know About Car Insurance Policies For Seniors - October 31, 2019
- The Benefits of Spending More on High-End Sneakers - October 30, 2019
- How to clean a Mattress - October 24, 2019