A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 9
In Pregnancy week 9, your baby’s heart has differentiated into four chambers.
You’re in your 9th week of pregnancy which is equivalent to a completed 2 months of pregnancy. Now, you must be more curious to know what is ‘normal’ in pregnancy and how to deal with this change in life.
So here in this complete information guide for week 9, we would be answering to your common questions about what you can expect during the 9th week of your pregnancy.
Here we go…!!
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 9:
In Pregnancy week 9:
- Size of baby – 0.9 inches (2.3 cm)
- Weight of baby – 0.07 ounce (2 grams)
- Baby is about the size of a Grape.
Your baby’s essential organs are almost developed now.
- Baby’s head is larger than his/her body as the brain is still in its developing stage.
- The embryonic tail is completely gone in this week and baby’s heart has now differentiated into four chambers. Also, your baby’s heart beat is now strong enough to be picked up by a Fetal Doppler.
- The genitals are being developed but not recognizable in ultra sonography test.
- The baby’s eyes are also being developed but an eyelid will open after 27 weeks.
- The face has also got its distinct features however some fine tuning is still needed.
- Your baby’s leg and arm are free from its webbed look. The fingers and thumb are taking its proper shape.
- The placenta is developed enough to provide sufficient oxygen and nutrients to your growing baby and also to removes waste from your baby’s body.
|Curious to know when your baby will arrive? Use Budding Star’s Pregnancy Due Date Calculator to know this by entering the first day of your last period.|
To-be Moms try to connect with your baby when you are sitting calm and relaxed. Keep your hand on your tummy and feel the presence of your little one. It will give you a lovely feeling.
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 9:
As the weeks are passing by, you must be feeling exhausted and tired. You still may not look pregnant, but the changes of hormones in your body will make you feel like pregnant. Let us know what will be your body changes, mood and symptoms during ninth-week pregnancy.
Symptoms of morning sickness and mood swings must have become common for you now. These symptoms will continue until first trimester.
- Morning sickness – This is experienced by most of the pregnant women. You may be suffering from nausea and vomiting regularly which will make you physically sick. But this symptom as said before is very common and it will pass. So please do not take any stress from it. Eat healthily and do take proper rest. Eat in small quantities but frequently. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Mood Swings – This happens due to the hormonal change. Sometimes you may feel very low and full of guilty but on the other hand, sometimes you may feel very high. These mood swings are completely okay. So please avoid any stressful situation and keep engaged yourself in any of your hobbies. Spend quality time with your loved ones.
- Frequent Urination – Due to extra volume of blood, the kidneys produce more urine. This frequent urination symptom continues till 16 weeks.
- Tiredness/ fatigue – As the baby is growing inside this is obvious to feel tired and exhausted with the minimal task. Don’t get worried about it. The most important thing is not to take much stress and exertion. Do your work slowly. You can join a yoga class- this will help you to release your stress and you will feel healthy. Take a small nap in afternoon so that body can rest.
- Headaches – It can happen due to lack of sleep, low blood sugar, dehydration, high BP, stress and triggers like loud noises, strong odors, preserved meat, etc. It’s a matter of concern when BP is high. Consult your doctor immediately.
|Looking for Remedies for Headache during Pregnancy? Read “Headache during Pregnancy – Causes, Tips and Remedies”|
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 9:
As you have already completed your 2 months of pregnancy, it is very important now to check for your activity. Here are some important tips for Pregnancy week 9:
|If you are a working lady, then it is always advisable to walk slowly. If you observe any complication, speak to your doctor immediately.||Do not take any work-related stress or exertion.|
|Keep continuing your prenatal vitamins with Folic acid (400 mcg) every day.||Do not take any Over-the-counter (OTC) medicine, as every medicine is not safe during pregnancy (except Paracetamol). So, it is better to consult your doctor before consuming it.|
|Keep munching all day, but yes in small quantities. As you need ample of nutrition so that you and your baby should stay healthy during pregnancy. Eat nutritionally balanced and healthy diet.||Please do not continue any activity which can be risky for your pregnancy. Quit all unhealthy habits like drinking alcohol, chewing tobacco and smoking. Avoid traveling to long distances.|
|Practice yoga or exercise suitable during pregnancy. Please remember, while doing exercise you should not exert yourself much. You should be able to talk easily while doing workouts.||Do not eat or drink any unhealthy food or uncooked items and unpasteurized milk. Stop having fish with high levels of mercury. Don’t skip any meal.|
|Drink plenty of water (3 litres a day) to stay hydrated.||Avoid eating spicy and oily stuff. Don’t consume Dry fruits.|
|You should take proper rest and sleep well. Take small nap in afternoon so that body can take rest.||Don’t pull or push heavy objects. Don’t carry your elder baby (if you have). It can lead to lower abdominal pain.|
If in case you feel like constipated or acidic, please contact your doctor.
|When it comes to pregnancy travel- An advance extra planning, doctor’s green signal and few precautions are essential. Train travel is far better than road travel for long distances during Pregnancy. It is advisable to avoid long distance trips but if it is very important to go then the below post is a must read for you.|
We all need support at this time and mere physical presence of someone doesn’t work. When you feel low call your best friend even if it’s for five minutes it will surely cheer you up instantly. After all, talking to a best friend is all the therapy we need at some point in time. Isn’t it?
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 9:
- IVF Process & Benefits- Explained By Best IVF Doctor In Mumbai - August 14, 2021
- Tips On How To Balance Family Commitments With Nursing School - June 12, 2021
- Advantages Of Choosing CBSE Board For Better Chances In Future - May 30, 2021
- Why Homeschooling Is Best For Your Kids - May 29, 2021
- Factors To Consider While Finalizing The School For Special Children - May 29, 2021
- Guide To Pick The Best Educational Toys For Kids - May 29, 2021
- How To Choose The Best Online Classes For Your Child - May 29, 2021
- Planning A Successful Road Trip With A Large Family - May 13, 2021
- Is a Night Nurse Right for Your Baby? What You Need to Know Before Hiring One - May 1, 2021
- Everything You Want To Know About The Sims 4 Pregnancy Mods - April 13, 2021