Being a mother, I can understand very well the importance of a good and sound sleep, especially at night. Sleep plays an important role in keeping a body healthy and active. The brain is more active when we sleep than we are awake. Sleep deprivation can make anyone dull and cranky, and children are no different.
It is sad to see a super active kid deprived of sleep and cranky due to the discomfort caused by the nasal congestion. Nasal congestion, or a blocked nose, is the most common condition in babies and kids. It is basically an inflammation in nose, which makes the nose blocked. To add to it, runny nose and sneezing also accompany this nasal congestion.
For my son, it is the most irritating symptom of severe cold as nasal congestion does not allow him to sleep peacefully, and hence, he feels drowsy throughout the day. He does not eat anything too as he finds difficulty in swallowing. So, to be honest, I get scared and upset when I see that my son is having a runny nose or has started sneezing. I get perturbed more than him seeing his suffering and his crankiness increases because of the discomfort caused due to nasal congestion.
Unlike every mom, I was on a continued search for help which would make my little one a bit relaxed and comfortable even during cold. However, before going to any medical store for purchasing nasal decongestant, I preferred to consult with a pediatrician first. As he is the correct person to guide me well about the product’s usage and dosage.
The doctor prescribed me Nasivion Child Nose Drops. This is a nasal solution especially meant for children of aged 1 to 6 years. As my child was 1+ of age, hence the strength of this nasal drops was 0.025%. Further, the doctor directed me about its dosage and frequency of use. We can instill 1-2 drops into each nostril 2-3 times per day. He also added that this nasal drop should not be used for more than 10 consecutive days.
For other kids and their moms here is a full dosage description (consult your paediatrician before using the product):
- For 0-1 years : Nasivion®Mini 0.01% Nose Drops – Up to the age of 4 weeks, instill 1 drop of the solution into each nostril 2-3 times per day. From the 5th week of life until the age of 1 year, instill 1-2 drops into each nostril 2-3 times per day or as directed by the physician.
- For 1-6 years : Nasivion® Child 0.025% Nose Drops – 1-2 drops into each nostril 2-3 times per day or as directed by the physician.
I followed the doctor’s advice and instructions and now I am happy to see that my baby sleeps peacefully again without crying the whole night. However, apart from using this nasal decongestant, I have also maintained adequate hydration by giving him plenty of liquids. Furthermore, I have given him lots of quiet time so that he can take plenty of rest and be stress-free.
To know more about Nasivion child nose drops, click here.
- 6 Quick Beauty Hacks for New Moms - April 20, 2023
- Details Of The Lipid Profile Test - April 5, 2023
- 15 Expert Recommended Products That Every Child Must Have - March 7, 2023
- 5 Ways To Save Money For Your Kids For Future - March 3, 2023
- 10 Common Challenges of Naming Twins & How to Deal With Them - February 28, 2023
- Tips For Balanced Nutrition In Kids With Food Allergy - February 9, 2023
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes To Make Your Mornings Cheerful - January 23, 2023
- 7 Proven Home Remedies for Increasing Baby Hair - January 16, 2023
- 5 Best Attractions to See in Brussels, Belgium - November 3, 2022
- 5 Golden Rules of Parenting That You Mustn’t Forget - September 28, 2022