A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 18
By Pregnancy week 18, your baby will learn yawning and hiccupping. So cute…! Isn’t it?
This week is the official commencement of your fifth month of pregnancy. At the pregnancy week 18, you may see a lot of things going on. So, advisable to take out time for yourself to relax and calm. Do not make your schedule a hectic one and always try to be stress-free during your pregnancy. Go for a prenatal massage. It is relaxing. Pamper yourself!
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”] To-Be Mom! Eager to find when your baby is due? Use Budding Star’s Pregnancy Due Date Calculator to know this!|
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 18:
In Pregnancy week 18:
- Size of baby – 5.59 inches (14.2 cm)
- Weight of baby – 6.70 ounces (190 grams)
- Baby is about the size of Bell Pepper.
From this week, you can feel the movements of your baby inside the womb.
The face of the baby has got more clear features than before like developed eyebrows and eyelashes. His limbs are growing and becoming more proportionate with rest of the body. The bones have become more strong and improved. Also, the nerves and muscles are getting connected to each other to function. If it is a baby girl, then Fallopian tube and uterus will come in its correct position by this week.
This week or in the coming week you may get an appointment for an anomaly scan. This scan allows you to get a closer look at your baby. You can get to see your baby’s features and its developed organs. You will find out how well your baby is growing.
[icon type=”icon-lamp”] Start your Momma-Baby Talk as your baby’s hearing is more acute now. Don’t know how to talk with your baby?
Start doing meditation. It will help you to get connected with your baby.
Read other Amazing benefits of Meditation in Pregnancy
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 18:
During the second trimester, the symptoms of Cramps, ligament pain, varicose veins and heartburn will become common and you will get used to it. But apart from these symptoms, there are few new add-ons to your pregnancy symptoms. They are:
- Baby movements – Many pregnant women felt the movement of baby from this week onward. But, few of them reports the feel of baby kicks and movements in their 20th week of pregnancy. If you’ve experienced any rumblings in your stomach, then do not get it mistaken by any indigestion or any gastric discomfort. It is your baby who is exploring his/her temporary home.
- Edema – it is nothing but the swelling in your feet and ankles. It is a sign where your body tissues are accumulating fluid to support your baby. Do not stand and sit for too long and keep your feet up whenever you want to relax.
- Stretch marks – You may notice the first stretch marks on your tummy. These marks are common during pregnancy due to the stretching of your skin to accommodate the growing uterus.
As your size is increasing, so wish to buy maternity wear? Shop online. Click on the links mentioned below to buy best of maternity wears.
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 18:
Though this trimester is the safest and coolest period of pregnancy, still you have to be a bit cautious and attentive in all your activities and diet. Stay safe and active. Be relax too. Here are some important tips for Pregnancy week 18 to follow:
|Keep your legs elevated.||Avoid keeping your legs in the same position for long.|
|Do wear comfortable shoes or slippers.||Do not run or exert yourself.|
|Stay active. Go for an evening walk. But if your doctor has prescribed you bed rest due to some complications, please stick to his advice.||Do not swim or get involved in any activity which is associated with some risk.|
|Use pillows to have a comfortable sleep and prefer to sleep on your left side.||Do not opt for any antacids without a proper consultation with your doctor.|
|Stretch marks may give you itching. Apply an olive oil or any moisturizer to ease from itching.||Do not scratch your tummy as it can lead to an inflammation.|
|Shop for some maternity Clothes.||Do not wear tight clothes as it may give you an uncomfortable feel. Avoid wearing heels.|
|Drink plenty of water and consume fibre-rich diet and eat in smaller proportions.||Keep away from fatty or heavy meals. Do not get addicted to caffeine. Drink in moderation.|
|Continue with your Folic acid every day.||Don’t take stress and exertion.|
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”] You have no one to share your feelings except your husband? Now you are not alone. Join our Facebook closed group called “Parenting Mom Style” only for Moms and To-be Moms to share experiences and queries. Let’s walk hand in hand in this beautiful journey.|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- How can I make my vegetarian diet a nutritionally balanced?
Ans: A balanced vegetarian diet can give you all nutrients which are needed during pregnancy. Make sure you should have enough Protein, Iron, Calcium, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D.
Protein and Iron can be consumed through the sources like:
- Pulses (Dal).
- Green vegetables, like spinach, peas and broccoli.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Fortified cereals.
- Soya beans.
- Orange juice.
Calcium and Vitamin B12 can be found from the products of milk and cheese and curd.
Consult with your doctor regarding the consumption of any supplement if you find difficult to consume any food, as food aversion is common during pregnancy.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”] Know more foods which are beneficial in your pregnancy. Read “Diet during Pregnancy” for more information.|
Stay happy! Remember happy Moms raise happy Kids!
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 18:
- Everything You Want To Know About The Sims 4 Pregnancy Mods - April 13, 2021
- 5 Things to Consider before Beginning IVF Treatment - April 13, 2021
- Top 18 Symptoms of Baby Girl During Pregnancy - April 3, 2021
- Top 17 Symptoms of Baby Boy During Pregnancy - March 27, 2021
- Do This One Thing To Take Care Of Your Child’s Education Expenses - March 26, 2021
- Tips to Raise a Confident Public Speaker - March 25, 2021
- The Impact Of International Schools Is Growing – Here’s Why - February 24, 2021
- How To Choose A Suitable Life Insurance Policy As A New Dad - February 24, 2021
- What You Need to Know When Hiring A Wedding Photographer - February 5, 2021
- 12 Best High Chairs for Babies in India - January 20, 2021