Chandigarh is the capital of the northern Indian states of Punjab and Haryana. It is known as The City Beautiful. It was designed by modernist architect Le Corbusier. His modernist buildings include the Capitol Complex with its Legislative Assembly, High Court, and Secretariat, plus the giant Open Hand Monument. Chandigarh is the best example of modernization subsisting with Nature. The nearby Rock Garden is a park featuring sculptures made of stones, recycled ceramics and industrial relics. There are many best tourist places Chandigarh to visit.
Here is a list of best Tourist Places Chandigarh:
The Rock Garden of Chandigarh is a sculpture garden in Chandigarh, it is also known by the name of Nek Chand’s Rock Garden. It is located near Sukhna Lake. It consists of man-made interlinked waterfalls and many other sculptures that have been made of waste materials such as glasses, tiles, bottles, ceramic pots, sinks, broken pipes, electrical waste or other material.
The Sukhna Lake is the most popular tourist attraction of Chandigarh. It is a reservoir at the Shivalik Hills of the Himalayas. This man-made lake was created in the year 1958. It is enclosed by a golf course on the south and rock garden on its western end.
The Rose Garden is a Botanical Garden located in Chandigarh. It is also known by the name of Zakir Hussain Rose Garden. It spread over 30 acres of land with 50,000 rose-bushes of 1600 different species. The garden has not only roses, but also has some trees of medicinal value such as bel, harar, yellow gulmohar and so on.
The Leisure Valley known as the lungs of the city. It is actually an eroded valley which was sculptured into a park by Le Corbusier. This valley provides an ideal place for long walks, yoga, physical workouts.
The Government Museum and Art Gallery:
This museum is divided into 4 wings dedicated to natural history, architecture, art and portraits.
For any queries or feedback, you may leave the comment in the comment box below or visit our website
Click here for more
You may also read:
Best Tourist Places Chandigarh
- 7 Useful Activities For Stay-At-Home Moms - November 23, 2023
- The Building Blocks Of Growth: What To Look For In A Toddler Care Program - November 22, 2023
- How Newspapers Benefit Children’s Development - September 30, 2023
- Preparing Yourself for Success in Your IB Exams - September 29, 2023
- What is the Normal Sperm Count to Get Pregnant – A Comprehensive Guide - September 27, 2023
- Help With Paper: Expert Assistance for Your Needs - September 18, 2023
- Nurturing Young Minds At Luma World - September 11, 2023
- Elevate Your Papers with OnlineResearchPaperWriter.com – Trusted Writing Assistance - September 4, 2023
- Custom Assignment Solutions: Personalized Support for Your Academic Needs - September 4, 2023
- How To Teach STEM to Kids: 7 Effective Strategies - August 22, 2023