A Complete Information Guide on Pregnancy Week 11
In Pregnancy week 11, your baby will have no more webbed-type hands and is about the size of lime.
To-Be Moms, welcome to 11th week. You are two months and two weeks pregnant. Within a couple of weeks, your first trimester will complete i.e. you will complete your first three months of pregnancy and will start your second trimester.
Note: Pregnancy is measured from the first day of your last menstrual period.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”] Would-Be Momma, decided your baby’s name? Not yet? Well, let us help you! Click on the link mentioned below to get unique names of boy and girl (with meaning) according to their Zodiac sign and Rashi.|
Fetal Development in Pregnancy Week 11:
In Pregnancy week 11:
- Size of baby – 1.6 inches (4 cm)
- Weight of baby – 0.25 ounce (7 grams)
- Baby is like a size of Lime or Fig.
Your baby is now having more distinct features of human-like clear facial features and body organs.
- Your baby is now able to move his hands and open-close into fists. There are no more webbed-type hands and feet visible.
- Still, the size of the head will be equal to the length of the whole body, but it will change with the passage of few more weeks.
- Your baby’s skin has not yet matured enough hence it is transparent.
- Lungs are yet to develop as they get fully developed in the third trimester.
- If you ask your gynecologists to make you hear your baby’s heartbeat then will the help of fetal Doppler you will find that heartbeat rate is near about 170 to 200 beats per minute (BPM). This will gradually decrease with the normal fetal heart rate range of 120-160 bpm during the second trimester. Now, the chances of miscarriage has lowered down to 3%.
- Your baby will be kicking and doing a lot of stretching but you won’t be able to feel now. You will be able to feel your baby’s kick after 20 weeks of your pregnancy.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Worried about stretch marks during pregnancy? |
Read Belly Skin Care During Pregnancy to prevent stretch marks.
Moods & Symptoms in Pregnancy Week 11:
Let us know what will be your body changes, mood and symptoms during eleventh-week of pregnancy.
- This week on wards you may feel that unpleasant vomiting and nausea which was the daily morning sickness is getting faded away and you are feeling better now. This will make you a bit happy.
- You may be showing up your baby bump. However, signs and symptoms vary from woman to woman, so it may not happen to you. Well, there is nothing to worry about as your baby will start showing his presence in your tummy in a couple of weeks.
- There is another unexpected symptom which you can expect that you’re snoring. Yes, it can be true sometimes that your husband will be asking you to wake up and to stop snoring! So, don’t be surprised. It happens due to the hormonal changes in your body.
- If you’re like most women, you may be feeling constipated and heartburn. This is all due to the changed level of hormones which slow down your digestion process.
[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Suffering from Constipation during Pregnancy? Looking for Home Remedies?
Remedy- Take 10 Currant (Munakka) and boil with 1 glass milk. Now eat these Currants and drink that milk at night before going to sleep. You can repeat it for 2-3 days for chronic constipation.
Read more such effective Home Remedies for Constipation During Pregnancy.
Apart from above body changes and symptoms, some common symptoms during the 11th week of pregnancy are as follows:
- Frequent Urination – This symptom continues throughout your pregnancy period. According to the facts, frequent urination is influenced by pressure in your bladder due to the growing uterus. And extra blood flow makes the kidneys to produce more urine during pregnancy. But it doesn’t mean that you should stop drinking water and other fluids. Your water intake must be at least 3 litres in a day.
- Fatigue – You may be feeling extreme tiredness and exerted even after doing a small daily household task which you were doing before very smoothly. Don’t worry, this is a completely normal symptom and it continues until first trimester. To tackle this symptom, you should eat protein rich diet. Don’t take much stress and exertion. Do your work slowly. Take proper rest and sleep well. Take small nap in afternoon so that body can take rest.
- Faintness – Due to an extra pumping of blood, you may feel like fainting or sometimes dizziness. So, therefore, whenever you feel like such, sit down immediately and take rest.
- Gas – This is another very common symptom. Avoid eating those foods which can cause you gas troubles like fried foods, beans, cabbage, etc.
- Vaginal discharge – You may have a white and milky colored discharge from your vagina, which is known as Leukorrhea in medical term. Please don’t worry about it. It’s a way of getting rid of bacteria.
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”]Excited to know your due date? Use Budding Star’s Pregnancy Due Date Calculator to know this.|
Do’s and Don’ts in Pregnancy Week 11:
While being pregnant, it is very important to be careful and attentive while doing any activity whether being at home or outdoors. Here are some important tips for Pregnancy week 11:
Follow healthy and nutritionally balanced diet. Prefer Calcium and Protein rich diet but do not overlook other important vital nutrients.
Read Diet During Pregnancy to know which all foods are beneficial and harmful for you and your baby
|Completely quit unhealthy habits like drinking alcohol, chewing tobacco and smoking.|
|Keep continuing your prenatal vitamins with Folic acid (400 mcg) every day.||Avoid traveling to long distances.|
|Practice Yoga as it can be very beneficial when performed under correct supervision.||Do not perform any activity which can give a potential risk to your pregnancy. For example, lifting heavy weights, running, moving heavy furniture, etc.|
|Do follow the instructions of your doctor and take medicines timely.||Do not wear high heels and do not bath in hot water.|
|Eat frequently but in smaller quantities.||Do not skip any meals.|
|Try to sleep on your sides, rather on the back for a continuous time.||Do not take any work-related stress or exertion.|
Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
- Is it safe to drink Caffeine during pregnancy?
Ans: Caffeine is good to be taken in moderation as the excess of caffeine is not good for the fetus.
- Which food and drink should be avoided during pregnancy?
Ans: Alcohol or alcoholic based drinks should completely be stopped. Apart from this, any drink which is unpasteurized should be avoided. Do not eat any uncooked or under-cooked food items whether it is a vegetarian food or a non-vegetarian food. Always heat the food before eating if it is being cooked 2 hours before.
- Is it safe to have sex during the first trimester?
Ans: According to experts and studies, it is good to have sex until the time you’re comfortable and enjoying sex. So, there is no reason to refrain from intercourse. However, you should speak to your doctor about this and should get a green signal to do sex. Moreover, there are certain positions that should be avoided the completion of the first trimester.
Never hesitate to take any kind of advice from your doctor.
Spend quality time with your partner as much as you can. Don’t always discuss about the baby, talk about your courtship, marriage, honeymoon and all the beautiful moments spent together. Relive your journey once again.
For your reference- Pregnancy Week 11:
- Everything You Want To Know About The Sims 4 Pregnancy Mods - April 13, 2021
- 5 Things to Consider before Beginning IVF Treatment - April 13, 2021
- Top 18 Symptoms of Baby Girl During Pregnancy - April 3, 2021
- Top 17 Symptoms of Baby Boy During Pregnancy - March 27, 2021
- Do This One Thing To Take Care Of Your Child’s Education Expenses - March 26, 2021
- Tips to Raise a Confident Public Speaker - March 25, 2021
- The Impact Of International Schools Is Growing – Here’s Why - February 24, 2021
- How To Choose A Suitable Life Insurance Policy As A New Dad - February 24, 2021
- What You Need to Know When Hiring A Wedding Photographer - February 5, 2021
- 12 Best High Chairs for Babies in India - January 20, 2021