Children learn both the good and bad habits at an early age. Demonstrating healthy eating habits early in a child’s life will equip them with some healthy life skills he/she can carry with them. Teaching Healthy Eating Habits for your child is very important.
Healthy eating habits are more than having a healthy diet or selecting a healthy food. Not only what a child eats, but also how much quantity of food he/she eats, can affect their eating habits which are formed in childhood. Healthy diets also include portion control.
Following are some important tips parents can use while monitoring how much their child is eating.
- If your child is full, let them stop eating. Don’t force them to clean their plate.
- Make sure your child takes time to eat their meals.
- Young children should eat servings that are about 2/3 the size of an adult’s.
Food Guide for Young Children, children aged 2-6 should have diets which include the following:
- 2 servings of fruits
- 6 servings of grains
- 3 servings of vegetables
- 2 servings of meats
- 2 servings of milk
- Limited amounts of sweets and fats
Finally, make daily food or eating preparation fun, learning experiences. Have your child help you for buying groceries. In the produce section of the grocery store, have your child look for fruit and vegetables, a rainbow or finding something in each of the colors of the rainbow. Try a new fruits, vegetables, or some new dishes each month. When appropriate, allow your child to assist you in making meals. Talk about those ingredients you’re putting in the recipe.
Healthy recipes to have in breakfast, lunch and dinner:
You can give your child some healthy food. Some of the foods that you can choose from are as follows:
1. Oats Idli
Oats idli have low calories which makes it an ideal dish for breakfast for children. Oats are rich in fiber, proteins, and vitamins which makes them nutritious and delicious.
2. Bread Upma
Most of the children don’t prefer to have bread for breakfast but if you change the bread in delicious Upma then your children will surely lick their fingers.
3. Vegetable Masala Dosa
Dosas are delicious and rich nutrient food that every child loves to have. You can give dosa with chutneys or sauce. By this, you can easily add the required amount of veggies to the diet.
1. Stuffed Paratha
Stuffed paratha is a very popular Indian veg food recipe that everyone loves on their lunch plate. You can easily enroll healthy veggies in the parathas like potatoes, spinach, onion, leafy vegetables, and carrots. You can also fill paneer to add protein to the diet.
2. Kathi Rolls
Kathi rolls are another delicious recipe for fulfilling the need for healthy veggies and protein and carbohydrates in the diet. You can fill the roll with paneer, chicken, veggies and serve it with mayonnaise and sauce.
3. Dal And Chawal
To add protein to the diet you can give your child a plate full of boiled rice and dal fry with salad.
4. Chicken Biryani
Your child will love to have chicken biryani for lunch. You can serve biryani with vegetable raita or plain curd and with salad.
5. Fruit and Vegetables
You can give your child some fresh Fruit and vegetables to fulfill the need of vitamins, fiber, and water. Fruits and veggies will protect your child from disease.
1. Shahi Paneer
You can give your child paneer for dinner with plain roti, curd, and salad.
You can give Tofu for dinner as it is rich in protein and iron and will help your child in his growth and muscle development.
3. Mexican Rice
You can have Mexican rice for dinner as this recipe is rich in vitamins, protein, and carbohydrates. You can serve this with plain curd, pickle, and salad.
If you start teaching healthy eating habits to your child now, they may be likely to practice them on their own as well. Also, know the benefits of eating 3 dates a day
Check out the best diet plan for breastfeeding mothers.
For more information, you may leave your comment in a comment box below:
Teaching Healthy Eating Habits
- 7 Useful Activities For Stay-At-Home Moms - November 23, 2023
- The Building Blocks Of Growth: What To Look For In A Toddler Care Program - November 22, 2023
- How Newspapers Benefit Children’s Development - September 30, 2023
- Preparing Yourself for Success in Your IB Exams - September 29, 2023
- What is the Normal Sperm Count to Get Pregnant – A Comprehensive Guide - September 27, 2023
- Help With Paper: Expert Assistance for Your Needs - September 18, 2023
- Nurturing Young Minds At Luma World - September 11, 2023
- Elevate Your Papers with OnlineResearchPaperWriter.com – Trusted Writing Assistance - September 4, 2023
- Custom Assignment Solutions: Personalized Support for Your Academic Needs - September 4, 2023
- How To Teach STEM to Kids: 7 Effective Strategies - August 22, 2023