Staying fit and healthy never goes out of style. Yoga is one of the best and most ancient forms to stay healthy. A simple lifestyle change can make you super productive throughout the day. The benefits of yoga asanas are immense, it helps to keep the mind, body and soul aligned. Here are 10 Yoga Asanas which you can include in your everyday yoga routine.
Yoga Asanas Everyone Should Practice for a Healthy Lifestyle:
This is a very simple posture and is also known as the Tree pose. It involves standing straight, then bending the right knee, and finally placing our right foot on our left inner thigh. This must all happen at a 90-degree angle. Our palms must be brought together and they must be above our heads. One has to inhale and exhale properly while doing this asana.
- This asana ensures that our body is in perfect balance.
- It provides a sense of grounding.
- As our spine and legs are straight while doing this, it strengthens our hips and tones our legs. Our focus and concentration are also improved.
This involves backbends while lying down flat on the floor and then with the help of your palms, lift your chest from the floor and keep your head like a cobra. That is why this asana is called cobra asana. While being in this position take a deep breath and then release back to the floor after 30 seconds.
- This is an ideal asana for people with back stiffness or spinal problems.
- It is helpful in dealing with any digestive problems and breathing issues.
- It improves the health of reproductive systems and menstruation-related issues.
This is considered to be one of the easiest poses. This involves sitting cross-legged wherein our right leg will be placed on the left thigh and our left leg will be placed on the right thigh. Our hands are placed on our knees with a mudra joining our index finger and tip of the thumb.
- It promotes the proper posture of the spine and strengthens it.
- This is not just good for the body, but also for our mind and soul.
- This yoga asana relaxes our bodies and gets rid of stress and anxiety.
- It is also beneficial for the knees, thighs, and calf muscles.
- It helps in broadening our chest and collarbone.
This is again a simple and traditional yoga Asana. In this pose, while our legs are stretched out in front of us, we slowly raise our hands and bend forward toward our toes. We either reach for our toes or place our hands on our legs. We take a deep breath while doing this and while we raise from that position, we breathe out.
- The stretching is good for our thighs and calf muscles.
- The bending down posture is good for the organs in the pelvic and abdominal region, hence it is good for the kidney, liver, uterus, etc.
- It improves the digestion process. For kids who are growing, it is more likely to increase in height.
- It also deals with mental issues such as stress, depression, and insomnia.
This is a very interesting pose and is known as a chair pose because it resembles a person is sitting on a chair. Here our hands are straight, palms facing downwards and our knees bend in such a way that it looks like we are sitting on a chair.
- This is highly beneficial for those suffering from backache, cervical issues, and other hip-related issues.
- This asana is all about balance, it improves body balance making us stronger and more flexible.
- The main part of the body that is involved in this asana is our legs, hence it tones our calf muscles, and thighs and strengthens the ankles.
- It is also good for the organs in and around our chest region. Hence it is good for our heart, lungs, and abdomen.
- It decreases stress and brings peace to ourselves.
This is a very classic and simple asana that has numerous benefits. It is also known as mountain asana. It involves standing firmly on our feet. Then lift your sternum and widen your collarbone. After relaxing our torso, make the palm face forward or in. Now take deep breaths. This is one of the best yoga for a healthy lifestyle.
- It strengthens our legs, hips, thighs, and ankles. It also improves blood circulation.
- Our body’s posture and coordination improve. It makes sure there is flexibility, mobility, and stability in our bodies.
- It tones our legs and abdomen. It also improves our digestive system’s function.
- Breathing and relaxation relieve us from stress.
This asana is very popularly known as the butterfly asana because our legs are kept and moved like the butterfly’s wings. In this pose, we pull our feet towards our pelvis while sitting. We sit in such a way that our soles of the feet face each other. Then we grab our big toes with our index, middle, and thumb finger. Our knees should be dropped towards the floor and released again. This must be repeated for 1 -5 minutes while breathing in and out.
- This asana is mainly for the inner thigh, and groin area.
- It strengthens that area and makes them more flexible. It helps in reducing menstrual discomfort and digestive issues.
- This asana also enhances the functioning of our bladder, kidneys, prostate gland, ovaries, etc.
- It also addresses any kind of lower back issues
This is again a very commonly known and practised yoga Asana. It is known as diamond pose and thunderbolt pose. This asana is a sitting one and it involves us sitting in a kneeling down position, our hips are rested on our heels and our toes are pointed out behind us. Our palms are placed on our thighs and they face upwards. Deep breaths are taken for about 15 minutes while staying in this position.
- This asana is very beneficial for the stomach region as it improves blood circulation in the lower abdomen.
- Digestive issues, excessive gas, and stomach pain can also be relieved.
- It also strengthens and makes our thighs and legs flexible.
- As there is relaxation of the hip region, menstrual pain can also be reduced.
Adho mukha svanasana:
This asana is a stretching asana. It is known as a downward-facing dog as it is similar to how a dog stretches. For this asana, one has to lie on the floor upside down and lift the whole body. It must resemble an upside-down V shape. Stay in that position and breathe deeply. Then release from the position.
- The stretch releases a lot of tension from our back and neck.
- It also tones the muscles of the stomach, arms, and legs, hence strengthening them.
- It stimulates blood flow and enhances circulation. The posture is also corrected.
This is the easiest asana and is done at the end of all asanas. In this asana, one will generally lie down and relax from head to toe. Palms are faced upwards and deep breaths are done while our eyes are closed. This is like a meditative state.
- This is a relaxed state where the stress is released.
- This asana also reduces anxiety, blood pressure, and sleeplessness.
These are some best asana of yoga for healthy lifestyle. Stay fit and stay healthy with yoga asanas.
- 6 Quick Beauty Hacks for New Moms - April 20, 2023
- Details Of The Lipid Profile Test - April 5, 2023
- 15 Expert Recommended Products That Every Child Must Have - March 7, 2023
- 5 Ways To Save Money For Your Kids For Future - March 3, 2023
- 10 Common Challenges of Naming Twins & How to Deal With Them - February 28, 2023
- Tips For Balanced Nutrition In Kids With Food Allergy - February 9, 2023
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes To Make Your Mornings Cheerful - January 23, 2023
- 7 Proven Home Remedies for Increasing Baby Hair - January 16, 2023
- 5 Best Attractions to See in Brussels, Belgium - November 3, 2022
- 5 Golden Rules of Parenting That You Mustn’t Forget - September 28, 2022