Pregnant ladies may be wondering if they can do exercise or not. It is very important to keep yourself and the baby healthy during this period. It is important to be active and move your body for a healthy pregnancy. It doesn’t mean that you need to be equipped or invest some money. You can opt for simple workouts that can be done at home.
Things to do before you begin the exercises
There are certain things you should follow before you begin with your exercises during pregnancy.
- The important thing is to get approval from your gynecologist about your body condition. You can inform the doctor about the exercises you are planning to perform at home. This is because each body is different and this needs to be done for your baby’s safety.
- If you are planning to do vigorous-intensity workouts during your pregnancy, first inform your doctor and get approval.
- Although you get the approval from your doctor, listen to your body. Never push yourself too much and become tired. Do a workout that is comfortable for you and your tummy.
- Warming up before you exercise is necessary to prevent muscle cramps and body pain. This has a lot of benefits such as preventing muscle cramps and body injury.
- Drinking plenty of water is a must before and after your workout. Keep yourself hydrated.
- Always ensure you wear proper clothing during workouts such as belly bands and supportive bras.
- Never lay on your back during a workout for a long time. This might hurt your back. Especially during the third trimester.
- Try to avoid hot yoga and contact sports during your pregnancy.
Also Read: Pregnancy Diet That You Should Follow
1. Pelvic curl
To perform pelvic curl, lie on your back with your knees bent and keep your feet flat on the ground. This can be with the hip-width apart. Tuck your pelvis so that the spine lays on the floor. Exhale and inhale in this position, to lift your spine out of the impression with one vertebra at a time. Finish off when you reach your shoulder blades. Inhale at the top and then exhale as you fold the body back down at a time until you reach the starting position on the back of the pelvis. You can do this for 12 to 15 reps.
2. Kneeling push-ups
Kneeling push-ups target the core and the upper body by strengthening them. Lie flat on your stomach and then push up on your hands and knees. Make sure you keep your knees behind your hips. Now pull in the abs, then slowly lower your chest towards the floor when you inhale. Now you have to exhale as you press your back up. Start with 6 to 10 counts and then gradually increase up to 20 to 24 reps.
For squats, try to stand with your back facing the couch with your feet wider than the hip width, using the couch as a guide for the proper form. Now squat down with the help of the couch as if you are about to sit down on the couch, and come back as the thighs start to touch it. Take about 5 seconds to go down and 3 seconds to come back. Repeat for 2 sets of 15 to 20 reps.
Also Read: Tips To Stay Healthy In Your Pregnancy
1. Side-lying leg lifts
For the leg lifts, lie on any one of your sides with both knees bent as if stacked on top of each other. Slightly lift your leg which is on the floor to make a small gap between the waist and the floor. This exercise helps to level your pelvis. Straight the other let and angle it slightly in front of you. Rotate the hip so that the toes point towards the floor. When you lift your leg you can exhale and inhale for 3 seconds when you back down. Make sure you don’t lose the little gap between the waist and the floor as you lift the leg. You can perform 8 to 15 repetitions of 2 sets on each side.
2. Mermaid Stretch
To do the mermaid stretch, sit with both of your knees bent on the ground and your feet facing to the right. Raise the left arm straight to the ceiling when you inhale and then exhale. Bend towards your side with your torso towards the right. The stretch will be felt on the left side.
Take deep breaths and hold for 4 counts. You might experience slight discomfort on your left side. Reverse the direction on the right side now. To minimize the risk of this discomfort you can start stretching both directions.
3. Incline pushups
Facing a railing or a ledge, stand and place your hands shoulder-width apart. Keep your body back into the plank position, bend your arms, and lower your chest towards the railing slowly. Retrieve to the starting point by straightening your arms to the original position. Make 10 to 12 repetitions.
As your body begins to get ready for labor and childbirth during the third trimester, you can focus on the cardiovascular exercises and keep up the abdominal strength and mobility.
You can go for a walk without having full exertions because of your tummy. Walking helps to improve bowel movement, relieves backache, and improves sleeping patterns.
Swimming is advisable during all trimesters and it is the safest also. It has health benefits such as improved sleeping and improved physical fitness during pregnancy.
3. Prenatal yoga
To improve the endurance of your pelvic muscles, strength, and flexibility you can choose prenatal yoga. It creates a balance between emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical health.
It is essential to exercise during your pregnancy. It is said that women who did workouts have a lower incidence of complications such as gestational diabetes, lower gestational weight gain, preeclampsia, cesarean birth, lower birth weight, etc. Read more blogs for pregnancy at Buding Star.
More Blogs To Read
- Top 10 Labour Pain Symptoms That Every Expecting Mother Should Know - February 11, 2024
- What Is The Placenta And What is its Importance In Pregnancy? - February 11, 2024
- Top 9 Best Baby Shower Decoration Ideas to Cherish - February 11, 2024
- Top 10 Must-Read Books During Pregnancy For A Calm Mind - February 11, 2024
- 9 Safe and Effective Pregnancy Exercises at Home That You Should Try - February 11, 2024
- 10 Tips To Help You Deepen Your Relationship - January 3, 2024
- 5 Financial Lessons I Learnt From My Mother - May 17, 2023
- 7 Ways To Encourage Your Child’s Participation In Household Chores - April 21, 2023
- Foods That Should Be Taken By Moms Who Need To Increase Breast Milk - March 2, 2023
- A Good Gift For Mom - January 13, 2023