Using Diapers for your children is an individual’s choice, I had been using Diapers for my son since he was 2 weeks old. I started by using the Johnson’s baby diaper pads in his cloth nappy only while sleeping at night. Using diapers at night ensured that his sleep was not disturbed and we both slept peacefully for about 7 to 8 hours straight except waking up for milk in between. This post talks about how to avoid Diaper Rash.
It was sheer good luck or precautions that till date my son did not have diaper rashes. Here under are a few precautions and Remedies to how to avoid Diaper Rash.
- Always keep the genitals of your child clean.
- Give your baby a daily bath. This will mostly lower his chances of developing diaper rash.
- Apply coconut oil or diaper rash cream or a baby lotion on the sides before you change him into a new diaper.
- Always check the diaper before you use them many a times you may find small ants inside them.
- Always store your diapers carefully in a neat place. Keep it away from Dust, preferable covered in a bag or a box.
- Always buy Diapers from a reputed store, many a times the medical shops or General stores do not keep the diapers in a clean place and therefore that may lead to allergies and rashes.
- Check Diaper’s Brand properly as many popular brands cheap replica are also available in the market. So, it is advisable to buy from a reputed and known store.
- Cloth Nappies are the best anytime, but sometimes due to excessive wetness, children get rashes due to Cloth Nappies.
- Leave your child open without diapers for at least 10 to 15 mins in a day. Whenever possible, let him go with a real baby underwear or even without anything on. It is the best method to how to avoid Diaper Rash.
- Mommies, sometimes what causes rash among infants is the unhygienic practice of the parent. Wash your hands regularly, especially before touching your baby’s skin so as to prevent the spread of bacteria.
So, these are some of the useful tips to how to avoid Diaper Rash. Remember your child’s skin is delicate and it is important to consider their comfort. If your child is not comfortable in Diapers, do not use them. Some children take time to get adjusted to Diapers.
Recommended Baby Diaper and Baby rash cream & Powder on Amazon
Happy Parenting with Budding Star
|You may be interested in reading- Home Remedies for Diaper Rash in Babies|