One of the joys of parenting is to watch your baby’s looks. When it comes to an infant’s hair, though, every newborn is unique. Some are born with thick hair, while others are as a bald baby as a bowling ball. The pigment and quantity of an infant’s hair at birth are primarily due to genetics. Generally, hair growth happens at approximately the 30th week of gestation. If your newborn starts to grow hair in the womb, they’ll likely be born with hair on their head. Hormones play a part in the proportion of hair a newborn has. Inside the womb, hormone levels are elevated, which can stimulate hair growth. In this article, read 7 proven home remedies for increasing baby hair.
Babies are born with thick hair or they might lose some strands in the first few months of their birth as they enter a new hair growth cycle. Parents might be panicked but this initial hair loss is completely normal. But as a new parent if you are worried about hair loss in babies follow the baby hair growth tips below.
10 Proven Home Remedies for Increasing Baby Hair
1. Apply coconut oil
Coconut oil is abundant in natural vitamin E, which is a nutrient with antioxidant properties. It can promote newborn baby hair growth faster by enhancing blood circulation to the scalp. Coconut oil also strengthens, gives shine to hair and may prevent hair loss. Coconut oil is incredibly beneficial to hair when used as a wash or grooming product. It is one of the best Indian home remedies for hair growth.
To help promote thicker bald babies, fuller hair gently applies coconut oil to the baby’s scalp. This helps to eliminate the cradle cap in infants and also moisturize their scalp. Using organic or extra-virgin coconut oil is particularly beneficial since it’s unrefined and processed. Apply a tiny portion to your newborn’s scalp and allow it to sit for nearly 20 minutes. Rinse the scalp with warm water.
2. Brush the baby’s scalp
Gently combing, brushing, or massaging a baby’s scalp can also stimulate hair growth. It is because traditional grooming can loosen the cradle cap and remove dry skin. In addition, brushing the hair stimulates blood circulation to the scalp and hair follicles. After applying oil, use your forefinger to massage on the baby’s scalp, this helps with hair growth and relaxes your baby.
Once the baby is out of the newborn phase, wash their hair every 2 or 3 days. Wash the hair with lukewarm water. The expansion of dirt on the baby’s scalp causes dryness, which can decrease hair growth. Make sure to keep the baby’s scalp clean.
Newborns might have less hair but brushing the hair regularly is essential to ensure proper blood circulation in the scalp. Using a gentle brush and comb on your baby’s hair lightly will ensure that the baby’s head is well-massaged at all times. A clean and hygienic scalp will promote healthy hair growth. Make sure you gently brush your baby’s head regularly, depending on the type of scalp. This is one of the most trusted remedies for hair growth in babies.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera not only works wonders on the skin but also greatly helps with the hair growth of the baby. It will promote hair growth and prevent flaky hair. Make sure you consult your paediatrician once before using these home remedies for hair growth. Aloe Vera can be used as a bottled version or scrape out fresh gel from the aloe vera plant and directly apply the gel on the baby’s scalp and massage well. Leave for 15-20 minutes and wash off properly with shampoo or conditioner for best results. One of the best baby hair growth tips.
4. Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil can be used to provide much-needed nourishment to your baby’s scalp and it promotes natural hair growth. Mix a few drops of vitamin E oil with coconut oil then apply it to the baby’s hair for better nourishment. Vitamin E oil locks the moisture in the scalp and promotes healthy hair growth. In fact, it’s just as beneficial for the baby as it is for you. Vitamin E oil works by dampening the scalp to stimulate the growth of good, thick and silky hair.
5. Use a Soft Towel
Rubbing the baby’s hair dry with a rough towel can cause damage to the hair follicles and cause thinning and hair fall. Make use of a soft towel to lightly rub your baby’s wet hair. This will avoid causing any damage to your little one’s skin and hair. A rough towel tends to break the hair follicles and causes damage with hair loss.
6. Use quality baby shampoo
Using the best quality baby shampoo is necessary for the baby’s scalp. There are so many baby hair care products on the market that it’s easy to be overwhelmed. So always opt for a shampoo that features reduced detergent levels, or is 100 per cent natural. Too many chemicals may cause damage to the hair. The fewer chemicals your shampoo has, the better it is for the health of the newborn’s skin and hair.
7. Give the baby a haircut
The first haircut is an extraordinary moment for new parents. Generally, the early lock will be snipped off and put in a special box for safekeeping, before the hairdresser transforms the baby before your very eyes. However, if your newborn is having difficulties with hair growth or hair loss, a haircut before it’s due could be on the cards. A tiny trim can sometimes be sufficient to kick-start hair growth in all the right places. This is one of the best natural hair growth remedies which is followed by our elders.
Some parents hesitate to give their newborn a haircut. But if your infant has hair loss or bald spots, a haircut can get rid of patchiness and allow their hair to accumulate evenly.
If you are supposed to cut your baby’s hair, trim longer strands first. After cutting the baby’s hair, apply a moisturizer to control the dryness.
8. Avoid Tightly Tieing Your Baby’s Hair
You might be tempted to make your baby look even more cute by making a ponytail of your baby using sturdy hair clips or tight rubber bands. However, tightening your baby’s hair using these accessories may cause harm to their hair follicles and may result in hair loss. On occasions, you can tie their hair using silk headbands, which are gentle on your baby’s little hair and fosters new hair growth.
9. Balanced Diet
A healthy and balanced diet can make your baby’s hair grow faster. Include meals high in iron, zinc, protein, vitamins A, B, D, and D, as well as vitamin D, if your baby has already started to take solids. It’s crucial that you keep up a healthy diet when nursing. The growth and development of your child depend on your food. You can promote and manage baby hair maintenance by eating foods rich in the above-mentioned vitamins.
10. Castor Oil
If you also worry that my baby has little hair then, castor oil is the most traditional solution for baby hair stuff. Castor oil is a rich source of critical enzymes and minerals, vitamin E, nine oleic acids, and nine essential fatty acids. Having antibacterial properties it serves to shield the scalp from bacterial and fungal illnesses. By bolstering the hair’s root and enhancing blood flow to the scalp, it encourages new hair growth. Additionally, castor oil massage aids in sealing in the moisture in the hair and reducing breakage.
Newborns frequently encounter scanty hair growth which might appear patchy for the initial few months. These tips are generously suggested for babies that are 6 months or older. If the newborn is younger, then it is probably not the right time for you to start using these tips.
11. Practice Belly Time
According to experts, practicing tummy time with infants can help prevent some hair loss. They also advise keeping them off their backs when they’re awake and out of harm’s way.
12. Avoid over-washing infant hair
Newborn baby hair doesn’t need to be washed much during the first few months, and over-washing might remove the healthy oils from their skin and scalp. Newborns only need to have their hair washed once or twice a week. Use a soft washcloth instead of your hands to shampoo your baby hair stuff.
Reason for Less Hair/Hairfall in Babies
- The telogen wave, a typical hair cycle of synchronized shedding and growth, includes newborn hair loss, which is entirely normal and part of the telogen cycle. Old hair is lost when a hair growth cycle starts.
- Newborn hair loss is influenced by hormones as well. Hormone levels are high when a baby grows within the womb but dramatically drop after delivery, which causes baby hair loss and delays the development of newborn hair.
- The friction occurs when newborns lie on their backs, which is the safest position for them to sleep in, and common skin conditions like cradle caps can also contribute to baby hair loss.
- How can I promote my baby’s hair growth?
Wondering how can you let your baby’s hair grow faster? Well, it is quite simple. There are several baby hair growth tips that you can use. A few tips for baby hair stuff include:
- Brush your baby’s hair: Regular brushing will maintain your baby’s hair delicate silky, straight, and free of knots. Almost every day you shall brush your child’s hair to promote development. To protect their scalp and any hair they may have at the moment, use a baby brush containing soft bristles.
- Using natural baby hair care products like aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil, quality baby shampoo, and coconut oil. Coconut oil contains vitamin E extracts and so does Vitamin E oil. Vitamin E is filled with antioxidant extracts that promote blood circulation and therefore more hair growth. Aloe vera gel is also found to be helpful in growing hair on a bald baby.
- What foods help babies’ hair grow?
Food is another way to let your baby’s hair grow faster. Certain food tips for baby hair care are:
- Food is rich in Vitamin B such as cereals, bread and fruits. Ensure that your baby consumes a varied diet that includes whole grains, nuts, beans, dairy products, green vegetables, bananas, etc.
- High protein foods: Protein is a substance that the body requires in sufficient amounts in order to ensure that the hair is healthy and powerful as it grows. When selecting protein foods, it’s important to pick ones that provide the greatest benefit while sparing the body from the food additives present in the majority of industrialized and fast foods. Besides meat, eggs, and milk products, soybeans are a good source of protein.
3. How can I increase my baby’s hair growth naturally?
Every mother wishes that “my baby’s hair should be the best among the rest!”. To make this wish come true you can adopt certain baby hair growth tips that will make your baby’s hair shine bright. Using a soft towel, consuming almonds, including ingredients that have a high amount of iron, regular washing, oiling the hair, applying conditioner post shampoo, etc are a few ways to naturally increase newborn baby hair growth faster.
Also, check out
- 7 Useful Activities For Stay-At-Home Moms - November 23, 2023
- The Building Blocks Of Growth: What To Look For In A Toddler Care Program - November 22, 2023
- How Newspapers Benefit Children’s Development - September 30, 2023
- Preparing Yourself for Success in Your IB Exams - September 29, 2023
- What is the Normal Sperm Count to Get Pregnant – A Comprehensive Guide - September 27, 2023
- Help With Paper: Expert Assistance for Your Needs - September 18, 2023
- Nurturing Young Minds At Luma World - September 11, 2023
- Elevate Your Papers with OnlineResearchPaperWriter.com – Trusted Writing Assistance - September 4, 2023
- Custom Assignment Solutions: Personalized Support for Your Academic Needs - September 4, 2023
- How To Teach STEM to Kids: 7 Effective Strategies - August 22, 2023