Why is Nani’s house the best place in the world?
In our summer vacations, the first thing that we like to do is to visit our Maternal home. Visiting our Nani’s house is the best feeling that you cannot even express. You ought to experience a lot while you are travelling from your house to your nani’s house. She treats us with utmost love and affection and fulfils all our wishes. But there are a few things that are unique to our Nani’s house and they are-
- The doors are always welcoming and always give us the sense of love and affection that nobody can resist.
- Not only this, the peace is just what you want after your hectic schedule. The sounds of the bird chirping and making you love more and more.
- Another best thing in Nani’s house is the food that she makes for us. With our favourite food and delicious sweets, it becomes the best place for us.
- Another best thing is that Nani takes care of us. She always comes roaming around our room and checks if we are okay or not. This makes us feel good and overwhelmed.
- Further, it is good to recall all the memories that we once enjoyed in our Nani’s house.
Nani House- Yaadein yaad aati hain
Baatein bhul jati hain……..
The word “Nani house” fills me with thrill, lot of joy and takes me to that wonderful world filled with happiness. Well, not only joy with no worry of anything. The place where we never worried about that irritating school projects and homework. The days were full of fun, frolic and endless Masti. The real smiles and happiness happened at that phase of life is now a memory only.
The most cherished time…….. Kuch yaadein!!
- Nani red Gas Wala Gubbara…
- Budhiya ke Baal… wow kitni lucky hai, uske pink Baal hain…
- Ganne ka juice ….. 3 rupees wala bada glass
- Dudh wali ice cream… Yummy!
- Gajar juice.. Red muuchein
- Dudwale k ghar Jana… ek ek cow ko touch kr ke dekhna
- Nani ke hath ki chulhe ki bhuni hui shakarkandi.. Really no dessert can replace it.
- Wo bade wala garden aur Mali bhaiya..Roz ek nimbu Tod kar khud shikanjwi bnana (gharwali Limca)
- Gali ke breadwale ke cherrybuns….no pizza, burger can have that taste…
At the end of vacation, we were all packed to go back to dadi house. By this time we started missing our dadi. But now I can feel the pain of Nani who used to wait for us for long six months. At that time we were not having even mobile phones. Even landlines were rare. And we the innocent kids used to say, Nani next holidays mein aaenge, ab dadi house ki yaad aayi thi. And she used to smile and say,”beta mein intzaar karungi”. The list is endless like the deep ocean of happy memories….
I want to go back and relive those innocent happy days though it’s a fantasy only. I think most of the people of our generation are having similar childhood memories. We have lost that innocence. Life is moving fast, in fact very fast leaving us with no time to have even real smiles on our faces. We can’t get back to those days but yes, we can relive the same through our kids. So, I will share my experience here..
I am a mom to two kids one is 4 and other is 1. As my younger one turned six months, I started being frustrated as the elder one started dominating the little one in all the ways, either the toys or eatables. He may be feeling possessive. I used to be so tired after the long day with household chores and kids. Even I was not able to devote time to make my son study.
And this was getting reflected in his grooming. I had no time to take him to park, dance class or music class. He started spending time on gadgets which I never ever wanted. I know I was being over concerned but all these circumstances left me alone in the pool of tears. My behaviour started depicting my frustrations. One fine day my husband suggested if we could send Daksh (my elder son) to Nani house in the winter break so that he can also relax a bit and he will get a change as well.
Daksh was so excited for going there. He packed his bags. And the evening of the last working day of his school was so exciting for him as the same evening my brother came to pick him. His joy knew no bonds…..so excited and happy he was. Even I was very happy and relaxed too. That was the long awaited evening for me and for my hubby too as we went for fine dining that night. Though I used to miss Daksh but Mom and son used to have good video call sessions. Sometimes, people used to blame me for sending him away but we knew how happy he was there. Every day he used to tell me his routine and I started relating it to my sweet childhood and nani house memories.
Daksh improved tremendously in sports, studies, morals. The change was drastic. The best part was that I relived my Nani’s and my friendship through this intelligent decision of my hubby. Nani house is an amazing place. Please don’t deprive your kids of this lifetime cherish able experience. Even I miss my days spent at Nani house…
Koi lauta de woh chuttiya,
Koi lauta de woh mastiyaan,
Koi dohra de voh kisse kahaniya,
Kho gye wo gudde-gudiya,
Badal gyi saari duniya,
Nani, ab Sayani ho gyi apki bitiya….
|[icon type=”icon-lamp”]You may be interested in reading- How to raise Positive Attitude Kids|
- NANI HOUSE - June 6, 2021
- Kid Friendly Summer Snacks - May 26, 2018
- Best Summer Kids Drink - May 24, 2018
- 12 Tips & Tricks to keep a House Clean and Tidy - March 3, 2018
- Planning Second Baby | Yes, our Kids do need Siblings - February 11, 2018
- Positive Parenting | Raise Positive Attitude Kids - February 6, 2018
- Headache during Pregnancy – Causes, Tips and Remedies - February 4, 2018